• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guttridge/Gower/Dudders/Gray

Shrimper James

Who should start on Saturday?
Guttridge or Gower?
Dudfield or Gray?
I think stick with the starting 11 from Tuesday.

Without a doubt the team should stay unchanged. Tuesday night was probably our best away performance of the season. Can't remember a match where we've had so much of the ball and performed so professionally. If play like that again this Saturday then it would take a large piece of bad luck for us not to come away with anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ April 21 2005,11:31)]Who should start on Saturday?
Guttridge or Gower?
Dudfield or Gray?
I think stick with the starting 11 from Tuesday.
Got to be Dudfield for Gray again. He looks like he wants to prove himself for a start and Gray is a good player to throw on with his pace that he offers. Again with Gower a good player to bring on to create sumink if we are losing. Gutterridge doesnt really deserve to be dropped after Tuesday, he seems to be a strong character who can get stuck in.

Keep Gower out, those bloody white boots, and get rid of Maher....

Oh no, sorry, that was last weekend wasn't it? Silly me
tounge.gif

Agree with all above really, to use a cliche, why change a winning team?

Can you imagine being an Oxford player after about 65 minutes on Saturday? "Thank god that Dudfield's going off, I'm knackered, who's coming on? Wayne Gray? Oh for fcuks sake!!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ April 21 2005,12:27)]Keep Gower out, those bloody white boots, and get rid of Maher....

tounge.gif

Can you imagine being an Oxford player after about 65 minutes on Saturday? "Thank god that Dudfield's going off, I'm knackered, who's coming on? Wayne Gray? Oh for fcuks sake!!"
ha ha it will be more like the old 85th minute knowing tilly though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ April 21 2005,12:27)]Keep Gower out, those bloody white boots, and get rid of Maher....

tounge.gif

I like the cut of your jib SOTSU
It has to be the same side and will be
smile.gif

bentley will be sub.
gray will be sub.
gower will be sub.
hence the same team.

I would guess it will depend on how Oxford have been lining up this season. The Gower / Macca change would to beef up the centre midfield because Macclesfield play 3 men in the middle.
If Oxford go 442 with wide players hugging the flanks , the narrow 4 man midfield we employed on Tuesday could get a roasting on the outside, or at least get a good run at Jupp and Wilson

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ April 21 2005,13:09)]bentley will be sub.
gray will be sub.
gower will be sub.
hence the same team.
How can Bentley be a sub, he is suspended!!..

Anyway, I agree, stick with the same starting eleven as Tuesday and see what happens.

If it goes tits up then we have more than adequate replacements on the bench...

Having the option of briging Gray on in the last 20 minutes or so is a fantastic weapon to have.. he will terrorise their back line with his pace towards the end of the game!...

Plus Marky G, yes he hasnt been performing for a while but he is one player who can produce that bit of magic, one perfect cross, a pass that opens the defence and not forgetting he can pull a shot out when he wants too aswell!!..

Not forgetting Nick the Bubble, it still baffles me as to how he hasnt played more games, but thats another story.. he has pace and trickery and is more than capable of flying down that wing and delivering a cross.

smile.gif

Back