• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guttridge

Lucas D

First XI
Any ideas? Out of the whole team I am most surprised the fact that Gutteidge is struggling at this level? Or cant he be bothered?

He looked good in pre-season and against pompey he was superb, now he looks a shadow of his former self.....surely Tilson can see this. Do you think Gutts wants out?

No.... there was a rumor at the beginning of the season that Gutts was going through some personal problems that were effecting his game. I don't know whether this has anything to do with his game of late but I'm sure he doesn't want out. Why would he? he's playing in the CCC after all and where would he go? Back down to L1...what player in their right mind would want that after being a regular in the first team so far this season.

Didn't he say he was going to avoid takeaways and eat healthily this year? Perhaps he needs a burger fix!  
tounge.gif

I did hear that him and Barrett had a massive bustup in pre-season. Maybe he wants out!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Oct. 24 2006,12:09)]I did hear that him and Barrett had a massive bustup in pre-season. Maybe he wants out!!
Surely not - he's still alive!!

i dont post on here often but when we first signed gutts a colleague of mine is the father of a cambridge united player... i remember him saying that you were the only club to take a chance on him...on asking him what he was gibbering about, it seems that after gutts move to a big club fell thru ( i think it was arsenal) he went off the rails..and if u cast yr mind back he had a long time out with a mystery VIRUS whilst at cambridge...this mystery virus was basically a nrevous breakdown...i sincerely hope not but maybe hes not fully over it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 24 2006,11:39)]Yep, that's what I'd heard.
Girlfriend trouble has affected his game.
So there's probably out there somewhere a female who's currently very venemous towards Gutts? Maybe even so angry that she'd post on a message board about him? Hmm, i wonder if we could track this mystery person down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 24 2006,11:39)]Yep, that's what I'd heard.
Girlfriend trouble has affected his game.
Maybe we could have a SZ whip and get him a brass. He could take out his frustrations on her and then come back to the form that helped shoot us to the title.
suspect.gif

Piecing the different rumours together, I think its clear what has happened:

Ladies' man Gutts, taking advantage of Wiggy's midget fetish (eg Flahavan) had a fling with Wiggy. For some reason it didn't work out - I'm not going to speculate as to why - but it led to a bust-up with Adam Barrett. Wiggy has ever since held a grudge against Gutts. Gutts can't take any more of it and is on the verge of a nervous breakdown and is desperate to leave Southend to escape Wiggy. Ron Martin said "we don't let our best players go" so Gutts is now desperately trying to prove that he isn't one of our best players.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Piecing the different rumours together, I think its clear what has happened:

Ladies' man Gutts, taking advantage of Wiggy's midget fetish (eg Flahavan) had a fling with Wiggy. For some reason it didn't work out - I'm not going to speculate as to why - but it led to a bust-up with Adam Barrett. Wiggy has ever since held a grudge against Gutts. Gutts can't take any more of it and is on the verge of a nervous breakdown and is desperate to leave Southend to escape Wiggy. Ron Martin said "we don't let our best players go" so Gutts is now desperately trying to prove that he isn't one of our best players.

*post of the year*
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 24 2006,14:18)]Piecing the different rumours together, I think its clear what has happened:

Leave off, it's his lack of prowess on the field i'm on about, not the bedroom. I'd of thought Tilson is no.1 suspect as he just won't leave him out of the team no matter how sh!t he plays. Watch this space, front page of Echo ' Blues boss in two in a bed with crap midfielder shocker'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 24 2006,17:47)]Leave off, it's his lack of prowess on the field i'm on about, not the bedroom.
So you were happy with his performance in the sack then wiggy......

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Oct. 24 2006,11:27)]Any ideas? Out of the whole team I am most surprised the fact that Gutteidge is struggling at this level? Or cant he be bothered?

He looked good in pre-season and against pompey he was superb, now he looks a shadow of his former self.....surely Tilson can see this. Do you think Gutts wants out?
A lack of confidence - no need to look any further.

Nothing that a bit of support from the maanger and the fans wont sort out in time.

Back