• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
"Plymouth Argyle have announced that they have agreed a deal to allow Guy Branston to leave Home Park. The 35-year-old centre-back is suffering from an ankle injury which has effectively ended his season and after manager John Sheridan told the former Rotherham man that he will not be offered another deal, Branston decided to depart the League Two side"

From Sky Sports.

Personally wouldn't mind him coming to Roots Hall. Solid centre-back and experienced at this level.

Free agent. Sign him up Brown! Yes, he's injured at the moment but get him in, let him recover and he can play next season!

(Yes, this is the bloke who had a go at our photographer for kicking the ball into the North bank a couple of years ago)

Why would we want a 35 year old meat-head CB who's left a team worse than us because he's injured?

Why would we want a 35 year old meat-head CB who's left a team worse than us because he's injured?

Clearly not rated by you...if you read what i said..."Yes, he's injured at the moment but get him in, let him recover and he can play next season"

Clearly not rated by you...if you read what i said..."Yes, he's injured at the moment but get him in, let him recover and he can play next season"

I don't rate him. He's no better than Phillips and probably less mobile at 36 years old.

3 years ago I might have been interested.

No thanks, am quite happy with Prosser, Egan and Sokilik, with Phillips providing back up, and White also, if needed. I'd rather have Barker back, to be honest, if we needed someone!

Barker is currently queueing up outside the glue factory behind Rio Ferdinand and William Gallas...

[video=youtube;KHEayBUzH8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHEayBUzH8k[/video]

After seeing so many of our recent defensive signings go lame, maybe signing an old one who's ALREADY nobbled is the way to go? At 35 and out for the season, he sounds a perfect outlet for some of our spare cash too.

Since our problems are up front, I wonder if we'd be better looking out for an injured, soon retiring striker instead? Ah....

If its at all possible to sign Sokolik im sure PB will ,The lads young and has a future in the game , Hes the type that can help SUFC go up the divisions and will be good enough himself to play higher leagues as would Egan, love to see both of them remain at SUFC.

Back