• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GWR and Hooper

shrimperian

Coach
Just back from GWRFC. 2-0 to SUFC, stroll really. Second half looked very comfortable without really looking sharp in front of goal. First half looked very poor up top with Revell and Walker. Thought Furlong looked a bit slow and clumsy but it is far too early to judge anyone really.

The real reason for the post however, is the rumour spreading around Boroughs Park that Hooper has gone to Cheltenham tonight for £150k. Not confirmed on OS and nothing on here so not certain but definately seemed to be coming from all quarters at the gsame tonight

If thats true, great peice of business.

It didn't work out for him here - which is a shame - but to get £150k for him is shrew business on our behalf!

Just back from GWRFC. 2-0 to SUFC, stroll really. Second half looked very comfortable without really looking sharp in front of goal. First half looked very poor up top with Revell and Walker. Thought Furlong looked a bit slow and clumsy but it is far too early to judge anyone really.

The real reason for the post however, is the rumour spreading around Boroughs Park that Hooper has gone to Cheltenham tonight for £150k. Not confirmed on OS and nothing on here so not certain but definately seemed to be coming from all quarters at the gsame tonight

Cheltenham's manager has been quoted as saying they've tabled a bid for Hooper. Thats all that has been said today on the various media.

Listed as a "possible" on the Sky Sports Transfers web page.

If thats true, great peice of business.

It didn't work out for him here - which is a shame - but to get £150k for him is shrew business on our behalf!

I suppose it depends on which way you look at it. IMO Hooper is definately a very good player in the making, and could eventually develop into a good Championship standard player.

I agree with Jay that for whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him here though and he needs to move on to pastures new.

However, I hope we have a decent sell-on clause, because I reckon he will command a higher fee then £150,000 in a few years from now.

as long as we use that 150k to get mulgrew in then i'm happy

Barnard, looked good and sharp for pre season

Walker, good touches and held ball up but again no end product

Furlong, bit clumsy past his best hope tilly aint hoping for much, only 45 mins though

Last edited:
In the first half Walker seemed to be coming very deep for the ball and thus didnt rally play an out and out strikers role, which was seemingly left to Ademeno.

£150k for a kid with his goalscoring record (fractionally under a goal every two starts)? I think we've been mugged.

Revell gonna be another Tilson Striker let down. :(

Ricketts
Foran
Paynter
Harrold
and now Revell!

Nice to see Revell is wrote off after playing with an injury, then coming back from injury then a pre-season game.

Back