• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GWR and Hooper

Who cares? That is a great price for us. Lets hope we spend it on Mulgrew...

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares? That is a great price for us. Lets hope we spend it on Mulgrew

Am I the only one to wonder how on earth Hooper bid > what we need to bid for Mulgrew, and we're not paying up (yet) for Mulgrew?

Who's got the better attitude on the pitch? Who comes with less baggage off it? Who's a team player and who's a prima donna? Who's got the better technical skill? Who's played at Under-21 level for his country? Who flatters to deceive and thinks he's better than he is (or at least than we've seen), and who goes about his business quietly and efficiently? Who knows how to control the ball and who tries fancy tricks that don't come off? Who has time on the ball and who can't seem to get the ball under control? Who can't score an open goal and who takes a great 30 yard set-piece? Who's more likely to make it to the Premier League? IMHO, the comparative price is laughable - from what we've seen of them both while at Southend. Of course, how they develop from here is anyone's guess, but based on what we've all seen at Roots Hall so far...

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont need the Hooper money for Mulgew- we've got a 'warchest' dont forget.

Someone remind me, looking at Furlong and Revell last night, why are we selling Gary Hooper when quite a few clubs are fighting over him for a decent price. Could you honestly see them doing the same for the 2 above and Hooper is young, can't work this one out!

for whatever reason hooper has been poop for us, looks like we will make a fair bit of dough on him, let him go I say, sometimes it just doesnt work for players at particular clubs...thats football

Look, i'm not being negative unusual i know but the rest didn't have any problem at all and to blame a bit of drizzle is just ludicrous. Harrold, Paynter and Hooper are all better than him. I called Bailey far to early but this Revell i have seen at least 10 times and he is useless. And you can't keep on blaming the famous operation from last year!

:unsure: :unsure:

Who's got the better attitude on the pitch? Who comes with less baggage off it? Who's a team player and who's a prima donna? Who's got the better technical skill? Who's played at Under-21 level for his country? Who flatters to deceive and thinks he's better than he is (or at least than we've seen), and who goes about his business quietly and efficiently? Who knows how to control the ball and who tries fancy tricks that don't come off? Who has time on the ball and who can't seem to get the ball under control? Who can't score an open goal and who takes a great 30 yard set-piece? Who's more likely to make it to the Premier League?...

Shaft?....

Back