• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

kentblues

Director⭐
Not so much a pre-match although it can be but a question.
My dad who is just 80 played for GWR for a number of years having been at Canvey Island with a young Peter Taylor and Grays and a few others. I remember at GWR playing regularly with dear old Les Stubbs.

Anyhow whilst he goes with me 5 or 6 times a year to Roots Hall (sharing with David Crown his knee replacement x-rays!) he is excited that we will be going to GWR on Saturday! Last time I went it's was a playing field and not a lot else 40+ years ago... So is there any seating at all.? Parking near the club? Anyone to contact? He does not go long distances and 90 minutes upright might be a struggle (all be it he can certainly stay upright longer the Robben..)

I believe there is seating but as for parking, I can't help you with that. Saying that I think you will find that the ground has come on a bit since your last visit.

Not so much a pre-match although it can be but a question.
My dad who is just 80 played for GWR for a number of years having been at Canvey Island with a young Peter Taylor and Grays and a few others. I remember at GWR playing regularly with dear old Les Stubbs.

Anyhow whilst he goes with me 5 or 6 times a year to Roots Hall (sharing with David Crown his knee replacement x-rays!) he is excited that we will be going to GWR on Saturday! Last time I went it's was a playing field and not a lot else 40+ years ago... So is there any seating at all.? Parking near the club? Anyone to contact? He does not go long distances and 90 minutes upright might be a struggle (all be it he can certainly stay upright longer the Robben..)

Had a few games back then myself for GWR. Mick Gorridge, Stan Nicholls, Barry Beadle and of course Les Stubbs. As you say, just a field then. do remember a nice little pub just over the road.

There is a clubhouse and tea bar but only about 150 seats I think, you may want to see if you can book in early for your dad. wouldn't have thought parking much of a problem looking at the map. Have a great day day. Noted Paul Smith a former player who I have watched for us and playing against us for gills.

There's a picture of the main stand on the GWR website. It's after 60 or so pictures of an award ceremony so be prepared to trawl through them.

If you do a Google Earth search on the GWR post code and keep moving up the road you will eventually find the entrance to the ground. There is a hard surfaced car park there, but difficult to see how may spaces though.

There is plenty of parking, using the playing fields alongside. A lovely little club; I have been to this fixture a couple of times and always enjoyed it.

Should be plenty of parking but get there early as getting in and out of the ground just b4 and after kick off will be a pain, other than the main car park they normally open the big field behind the club house or if you don't mind the small walk across the field from the wakering wreck playing fields in the sports centre is ideal as it beats a lot of the traffic after the game:thumbsup:

loads of parking in a field behind the ground also a small stand not sure how many seats is has!

In the Ryman League they would require a grade D ground. Minimun number of seats would be 300.

Lovely little ground with a warm and family friendly atmos. The ideal friendly to take him to. Might be an idea to get there early to secure one of those seats, mind.

Back