• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings GWR v Southend United - Tuesday 20 July

Corrected for accuracy
What are you talking about? Several means "more than two but not many".

If you want to change other peoples' posts, changing a word for a similar one in the mistaken pursuit of "accuracy" you must have too much time on your hands.

What are you talking about? Several means "more than two but not many".

If you want to change other peoples' posts, changing a word for a similar one in the mistaken pursuit of "accuracy" you must have too much time on your hands.
I can understand your frustration Mick. No wonder he (or she) is seldom seen. ☺️

However, to be fair to the chap/chapess he/she may be pedantic but "three" is clearly more accurate than "several". Accuracy is obviously important to him/her. For some reason.

I can understand your frustration Mick. No wonder he (or she) is seldom seen. ☺️

However, to be fair to the chap/chapess he/she may be pedantic but "three" is clearly more accurate than "several". Accuracy is obviously important to him/her. For some reason.

It is no more nor less accurate. It is however more precise and if he'd changed it in the cause of precision he'd have had my full ..... indifference.

I wonder what our means are too and maybe further clarity can be sought from our helpful Zoom meetings with Ron and Tom

Ron understandably had to act on the budget, although far too late of course, and no doubt wishes to avoid any more Court, Tax and Embargo issues

He advised us how he had to slash the budget necessarily. How far was this reduced?

Yes there are some clubs we face with better budgets, others no doubt with far less and living off volunteers and being practically part time

However am I correct in thinking we receive around £850,000 as a parachute payment this year?
Have we not received payments for Kenny Coker and the young Goalie who went to Man City ?? Would that add up to around £1million before we get underway , with other income
Just wondering, anybody with a clearer view,please? if not can we check , about the Parachute payments at the next get together, and then there is another 50% to come next year, if we sadly remained down

Suggests to me we have a bigger potty to utilise than many think and perhaps wisely trying to keep it quiet?
Ron like him or not has kept us afloat in terms of millions apparently but equally also can we clarify whether our Chairman and or family members take any salary annually from the club. ?
One club nearby allegedly forks out a large 6 figure sum annually to the Chairman
Is the goalie u r talking about a recent transfer to Man City or the one a couple of seasons ago ?
If not who is it ?

Is the goalie u r talking about a recent transfer to Man City or the one a couple of seasons ago ?
If not who is it ?
Its just happened our young first year scholar, George Murray-Jones, was on trial with them, also made a young England squad I think, as we keep on rolling tremendous young keepers off the production line

Its just happened our young first year scholar, George Murray-Jones, was on trial with them, also made a young England squad I think, as we keep on rolling tremendous young keepers off the production line
Thank u !????

They published it as 1,052.
Good to see you briefly, Dave!
Hi Mick, thanks for that. Yes I did notice that figure after I had posted earlier. However I would just like to add that at half-time I moved round to the seats to help my old school mate Plucker (I had met him earlier in the day for some lunch in the Exhibition). Dave who struggles to stand for long periods these days would prefer to sit which is why we moved. We were sitting with the press and one of the Wakering officials came round and told them it was over 1,500? which he then confirmed had beaten the previous record set in about 2006?. I have also seen both those figures since quoted on Twitter. Just to finish Mick it is always a great pleasure to catch up with you after all those times we spent together up and down that bloody A1 and if I had known you were going to Wakering maybe we could have hitch-hiked over together for old times sake. Thanks "Stay Safe my Friend. x

Back