• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings GWR v Southend United - Tuesday 20 July

Why are we sending our firsts to Wakering but our 23s to Hornchurch tonight? Surely if you switch the two you'd get two competitive clashes, instead both will be mismatches

Always enjoy a balmy midweek evening friendly at GW, and with pretty much a whole season away from Roots Hall I'm actually quite excited about seeing the team tonight. Dragging along my cousin's son (Brentford supporter) who's just moved down from London. This will be his first ever taste of non-league football.

It;s pretty violently balmy just now aka ****ing down! :-)
It is in Benfleet at any rate

Two matches in space of 24 hours Vs **** Ham U23 & Saturday game Vs Maidstone is designed to give everyone an 90 minutes match. Whoever started Vs **** Ham, will be on the bench against Maidstone.

It's literally flooded with frozen mounds of hail outside mine in Basildon. Unreal!

I was supposed to be going tonight. Worry about getting out the door and if the storm hits Wakering and gets called off.

It's literally flooded with frozen mounds of hail outside mine in Basildon. Unreal!

I was supposed to be going tonight. Worry about getting out the door and if the storm hits Wakering and gets called off.
No chance of wakering being called off, pitch is rock hard.

No chance of wakering being called off, pitch is rock hard.
Don't worry, Great Wakering are in the Guinness Book of Records....

While being damp, the average rainfall is the lowest in the country, and Great Wakering’s greatest claim to fame is to be entered in the Guinness Book of Records as the 'Driest Place in the United Kingdom'. The sea has always played an important role in the life of the village.

Don't worry, Great Wakering are in the Guinness Book of Records....

While being damp, the average rainfall is the lowest in the country, and Great Wakering’s greatest claim to fame is to be entered in the Guinness Book of Records as the 'Driest Place in the United Kingdom'. The sea has always played an important role in the life of the village.
That is very true regards to wakering being the driest place in the UK.

Is it really beneficial to play a team of such low calibre? Should be playing teams a league below, or Premier division or football league sides. I'm fuming that this is the approach we constantly take.
We were due to play the mighty Daggers but Abu Ogogo seemed a little too over-excited.

:Moon:

Last edited:
Akinola and ANG are still fully out of the picture it seems then. With only three trialists listed, it also means one of the names we’ve been given isn’t involved.

Back