• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Had a chat with Alex Revell last night......

Angell Delight

Life President
....in Nando's (Brentwood). Key points:

* He's doing well at Orient, 3 in 5 games so far.
* Still speaks regularly to Granty, Franno and some of the others.
* Said he'd have loved to stay but "certain people" made it impossible.
* Was disgusted by the way RM ran the club.
* Criticised Geoff King and said he was RM's puppet which I said was quite a kind way of putting it as we all think he's a banana of the highest order.
* Said it was a real shame what has happened to SUFC as it's a great club with great fans.
* Wished us all the best for the season and hopes we get back up.

I also wished him all the best, that one stuck in the throat with it being Orient and all. Maybe a more accurate statement would have been that I hope he scores 25 goals and Orient still join us in League Two..... :clap:

Good stuff, loved rev ell, but again nothing is a revaluation here - seems all the players hate the way the club is being run.

* Criticised Geoff King and said he was RM's puppet which I said was quite a kind way of putting it as we all think he's a banana of the highest order.
* Said it was a real shame what has happened to SUFC as it's a great club with great fans.

I also wished him all the best, that one stuck in the throat with it being Orient and all. Maybe a more accurate statement would have been that I hope he scores 25 goals and Orient still join us in League Two..... :clap:

Good stuff. I think we know which people made it impossible. The people who are running this club into the ground and making it a laughing stock, the same people who made it impossible for Barrett, McCormack, Brush, Tilson etc. to stay.

Nice stuff about King. We knew he was one of Ron's puppets (muppets). Jennings is the other main puppet, and I'd say that there are several more too!

Did he also happen to mention that he is still owed wages by the club?

Glad he found the time to chat to you. He's been impressive for us so far, but 25 goals is probably stretching it a bit as the supply line to him will invariably be ****.

I interviewed Russell Slade on Friday, and he had this to say about Revs:

"I knew he was the right sort of character, and the right type of player for Orient. One manager signed him for £150,000 so he obviously saw something in him. It didn’t happen for one reason or another at Southend. He broke his leg at the Os - I was there that night - and I’m sure that affected his progress. He needs the right manager... but he’s a great character; he’s great in the changing room. His performances so far have been impressive and I’m pleased with him, but he hasn’t surprised me. I knew he was this good."

Hoping to interview Revs himself in the near future, so I'll give you the heads up if/when that happens, and try to find out more about what's gone on in the board room circus of recent months.

J_S

ps. Slade also said that we'd helped arrange Morris' move to you, though how exactly we helped I don't know. Do expect him to be nailed-on 1st choice at the start of the season, though...

Slade also said that we'd helped arrange Morris' move to you, though how exactly we helped I don't know. Do expect him to be nailed-on 1st choice at the start of the season, though...

I personally don't, I think (and hope) Evans gets the nod. Good to have competition though, it's healthy.

So my expletive is changed to.....banana! I must say that's quite imaginative from the swear filter, good work mods! ;)

Back