• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Had enough now.

Always a Shrimper

Schoolboy
I have supported Southend United for years and years. Moving to Devon in the next two weeks. I was going to still support the club. by watching the games for £10. But now I have had enough. Ron has ruined the club that I love in his hope for development money. I saw kids against men today, clueless. How long can a club keep losing games. So, I am going to support Plymouth now down there, with a heavy heart. I know people will say I am a turn coa,t but after 40 years I cannot take any more of this rubbish. It is a sad day for me. My late father and father-in-law were supporters.

Support PSG, similar colour so you won't need to change your wardrobe, just turn the shirts inside out or put tape over the badge.

Plus you win nearly every game so that should keep you happy.

I have supported Southend United for years and years. Moving to Devon in the next two weeks. I was going to still support the club. by watching the games for £10. But now I have had enough. Ron has ruined the club that I love in his hope for development money. I saw kids against men today, clueless. How long can a club keep losing games. So, I am going to support Plymouth now down there, with a heavy heart. I know people will say I am a turn coa,t but after 40 years I cannot take any more of this rubbish. It is a sad day for me. My late father and father-in-law were supporters.

Get over yourself. ?? See ya later. Enjoy your scones.

turn coat you said it just mind you don`t choke on your clotted cream tea ! and next time you post please change your user name

Could you possibly have chosen a worse username?

Turncoat

'Always a Shrimper till I move to Devon' has a nice ring to it

None of us are enjoying what is happening to our beloved club but through everything we will always be shrimpers because it's in our blood. To give that up because you cant handle it anymore shows that your never was a shrimper. We may be going through crap but when the good times come back just remember you gave it all up because you forgot what a true fan is . You may aswell go and support mk dons !!

Not your finest moment 'Always a Shrimper'.

Plymouth is a fine city, I lived there for three years and loved my trips to Home Park. I lived in Bristol for four years and had a great time with mates there watching both City and Rovers. I lived in Colchester for two years and quite enjoyed the odd trip to crumbly old Layer Road. I lived in Ip ****e for 28 years and even took in the odd game at Portman Road (always to support the opposition tho). I now live in Dorset and today was watching Sherborne in the FA Cup.

But throughout all that I've always supported Southend and always will, we are crap at present and have been crap in the past, but you stick with the card you are dealt with - true fans are permanent, those who run the club and play for it are just passing ships, we glory in the good ones and gloss over the rest.

Jumping ship does no good - it's like swapping queues in the supermarket, the queue you leave will go faster after you've left.

Those that stick with it will be rewarded - eventually. It's just taking a little more time than we might hope at present.

UTB

Unless I've been doing it wrong it isn't possible to just choose to 'stop' and 'start' supporting a football club. That isn't how it works. I took in a handful of Shamrock Rovers games when I was in Dublin but there was never a connection so it was never more than just watching a game as opposed to watching my team.

Enjoy Plymouth, it's a lovely part of the World.

Serious confession to make: during the many years I have supported Southend I have often, yes often wished I did not support them! But it seems however bad they are and however much they have let me down I am incapable of (a) losing interest in football; and (b) supporting another team.
And it is true.....my father thought and my wife and children all think I am somewhat strange because I support Southend. Never my mother though......even though she was an Arsenal fan!

Back