• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Halal Meals on Flights

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
I'm sorry but this takes the **** - Halal

Cost cutting exercise my arse.

If the British based airlines take this up, I will quite happily not fly.

do you boycott the restaurants/curry houses/fast food places that use Halal meat?

I couldn't give a **** personally... meat is meat and I'm not bothered how the animal was killed, whether it gets a bolt through the head of its throat cut doesn't make any odds to me IMO.

Yeah.... I can't really see what all the fuss is about to be honest. I really couldn't care less how the animal is killed, if it's blessed, or if a shaman has to do some form of tribal dance with its innards to thank mother Earth for the offering.

Oh yeah and I forgot to add:

Twittlejohn.jpg

do you boycott the restaurants/curry houses/fast food places that use Halal meat?

I couldn't give a **** personally... meat is meat and I'm not bothered how the animal was killed, whether it gets a bolt through the head of its throat cut doesn't make any odds to me IMO.

No I don't. But I choose to go to a curry house.

If I am on a plane and I want something to eat, I do not want Halal food as the ONLY option. If there is a Halal and Non-Halal option fine.

Why should other peoples beliefs be put infront of others and disguised as a cost cutting exercise?

If Halal ONLY meals are introduced on BA flights, then I can see big problems for them.

If I am on a plane and I want something to eat, I do not want Halal food as the ONLY option. If there is a Halal and Non-Halal option fine.

Why should other peoples beliefs be put infront of others and disguised as a cost cutting exercise?

If Halal ONLY meals are introduced on BA flights, then I can see big problems for them.

being facetious, surely you could argue that you choose to go on a plane, and you choose to eat the food provided.

I'm not just taking about curry houses, plenty of normal restaurants choose to use halal meat... and you probably don't even notice.

The article doesn't say that Halal ONLY meals are only going to be provided by GateGormet, but that most will be Halal.

being facetious, surely you could argue that you choose to go on a plane, and you choose to eat the food provided.

I'm not just taking about curry houses, plenty of normal restaurants choose to use halal meat... and you probably don't even notice.

The article doesn't say that Halal ONLY meals are only going to be provided by GateGormet, but that most will be Halal.

Yes and I have no problem at all with a Halal OPTION on flights.

But I think it is wrong IF it is the ONLY option, which as you say has not been confirmed....yet.

I can't help but think your view is blurred because of the fact that you see it as another way of Muslims taking over. If the announcement was that they were withdrawing all traces of nuts from their meals, and you liked nuts, would you be just as angry. I doubt it... It's simply a case of allowing as many people as possible to eat the same meal, and bring down costs, and thus maximise profit. Seems straight forward enough. Besides, I've eaten halal meat, and it tastes fine.

I can't help but think your view is blurred because of the fact that you see it as another way of Muslims taking over. If the announcement was that they were withdrawing all traces of nuts from their meals, and you liked nuts, would you be just as angry. I doubt it... It's simply a case of allowing as many people as possible to eat the same meal, and bring down costs, and thus maximise profit. Seems straight forward enough. Besides, I've eaten halal meat, and it tastes fine.

Good point well made.

The issue is does the animal suffer when itis slaughtered. THe U.K standard method is designed to minimise any suffering.. the Halal method of slitting its throat and letting it bleeed to death to appease some mumbo jumbo in an old book doesnt..

The issue is does the animal suffer when itis slaughtered. THe U.K standard method is designed to minimise any suffering.. the Halal method of slitting its throat and letting it bleeed to death to appease some mumbo jumbo in an old book doesnt..

the evidence isn't exactly conclusive when it comes to proving whether or not an animal suffers from a bolt-gun or from its throat being slit.

True, and that would be my main reservation with halal meat. I somehow doubt that the Daily Mail are livid about the possible animal cruelty implications though.

Back