• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Halal Meals on Flights

the evidence isn't exactly conclusive when it comes to proving whether or not an animal suffers from a bolt-gun or from its throat being slit.
i know what i'd opt for given the choice.. especially when they are doing thousands of em a day in some food factory

Some of you are right, it is just meat.
But...It does seem that they are trying to take over. I'm far from racist.
I would not be surprised to see a religious war between Muslims and Christians in the next few decades.

Personally, i couldnt care less if it's halal meat or not. As pubey says meat is meat!

Make all meat halal, i don't care if my morning bacon roll is halal bacon. ;)

Last edited:
I can see that people will see this as;

''Not only do they live in this country, but they are also trying to take over and change the way that we live.''

i know what i'd opt for given the choice.. especially when they are doing thousands of em a day in some food factory

personally I'd opt for a reach around from a sexy nurse before she delivers a fatal donkey punch, but oh well.

The evidence isn't conclusive, and halal factories work on an equally large scale too.

I can see that people will see this as;

''Not only do they live in this country, but they are also trying to take over and change the way that we live.''

Except that isn't what this is. It's not like Muslims are threatening to boycott airlines who don't supply halal meat. It's that airlines are choosing to go down the route of mainly supplying halal meat because it works out cheaper for them. It's a business decision.

I can't help but think your view is blurred because of the fact that you see it as another way of Muslims taking over. If the announcement was that they were withdrawing all traces of nuts from their meals, and you liked nuts, would you be just as angry. I doubt it... It's simply a case of allowing as many people as possible to eat the same meal, and bring down costs, and thus maximise profit. Seems straight forward enough. Besides, I've eaten halal meat, and it tastes fine.

Top post , and halal meat is just its preparation (personally i prefer those KFC type places that do halal chicken as it has an extra flavor to it )

Except that isn't what this is. It's not like Muslims are threatening to boycott airlines who don't supply halal meat. It's that airlines are choosing to go down the route of mainly supplying halal meat because it works out cheaper for them. It's a business decision.
As most businesses do they go where the money is.

You eat meals on "Airplanes"? I stopped after dragging what looked like a pubic hair from the bottom of my chicken kiev on a flight to the "Dominican Republic in 1991......Trust no one!

You eat meals on "Airplanes"? I stopped after dragging what looked like a pubic hair from the bottom of my chicken kiev on a flight to the "Dominican Republic in 1991......Trust no one!

Last time I flew I had the choice of steak or fish.

I had lasagne.

I can't help but think your view is blurred because of the fact that you see it as another way of Muslims taking over. If the announcement was that they were withdrawing all traces of nuts from their meals, and you liked nuts, would you be just as angry. I doubt it... It's simply a case of allowing as many people as possible to eat the same meal, and bring down costs, and thus maximise profit. Seems straight forward enough. Besides, I've eaten halal meat, and it tastes fine.

Well said mate. A story nicely packaged, unnecessarily so, by the good ol' Daily Mail!
One day it will actually be responsible for a riot.
Oh hang on, the NOTW already have managed that (almost).... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/865633.stm

But some people might see it that way. No you are right they aren't saying that they will boycott airlines. But it is the change from 'AHHH We can do what we want really celebrate Christmas with lights in the town centre, Live in East London if we want, Fly the English flag from our cars during sporting events (all the other type of comments)
But now some people see it as we are having to change because they are living in our country, when they think it should be them adapting to our ways of life!
I speak to a lot of people who lived in the East end and where forced to move out because 'they' have completely taken over. They also think it will happen to Southend.
'A cost cutting exercise' - it sounds like rubbish to me, how can it even make a difference at all, it just doesn't make sense! The government need to make a ****ing load more of cost cutting exercises to make a difference, and introducing halal meat to airlines isn't going to effect much is it? It's not exactly the best place to start. How about sacking the hundreds of dick heads who work for maintenance companies in charge of council properties that I have to deal with everyday? And the rest of the *******s who have had jobs 'invented' for them.

I'm just adding another side of the story in by the way, and it isn't my view, not completely anyway, I take both sides of the facts, much like everything in life.

But some people might see it that way. No you are right they aren't saying that they will boycott airlines. But it is the change from 'AHHH We can do what we want really celebrate Christmas with lights in the town centre, Live in East London if we want, Fly the English flag from our cars during sporting events (all the other type of comments)
But now some people see it as we are having to change because they are living in our country, when they think it should be them adapting to our ways of life!
I speak to a lot of people who lived in the East end and where forced to move out because 'they' have completely taken over. They also think it will happen to Southend.
'A cost cutting exercise' - it sounds like rubbish to me, how can it even make a difference at all, it just doesn't make sense! The government need to make a ****ing load more of cost cutting exercises to make a difference, and introducing halal meat to airlines isn't going to effect much is it? It's not exactly the best place to start. How about sacking the hundreds of dick heads who work for maintenance companies in charge of council properties that I have to deal with everyday? And the rest of the *******s who have had jobs 'invented' for them.

I'm just adding another side of the story in by the way, and it isn't my view, not completely anyway, I take both sides of the facts, much like everything in life.

I live in East London. I don't feel forced out, I see plenty of St George's crosses flying (often from Asian's houses/cars) and Christmas tree lights come Christmas time. Other than stop reading the Daily Mail, I can't think of one thing I've had to change in my life because of immigration. Although I choose to eat curry on a regular basis.

What has BA cost-cutting got to do with the government?

To get back onto the topic of Airplane! food, can I remind people of the importance of a varied airline menu, after all the life of everyone on board can depend upon just one thing: finding someone who can not only fly the plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

I live in East London. I don't feel forced out, I see plenty of St George's crosses flying (often from Asian's houses/cars) and Christmas tree lights come Christmas time. Other than stop reading the Daily Mail, I can't think of one thing I've had to change in my life because of immigration. Although I choose to eat curry on a regular basis.

What has BA cost-cutting got to do with the government?

To get back onto the topic of Airplane! food, can I remind people of the importance of a varied airline menu, after all the life of everyone on board can depend upon just one thing: finding someone who can not only fly the plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Fair enough, it's just the people I speak to's view I suppose. Just listening to stories and that kind of thing.
I'm speaking about 25 years ago I think. Not sure if you have lived there your whole life, I will say that the views of East London are coming from somebody who has a couple of screws loose.

BA Cost cutting has got things to do with the government, although not directly, what we all save does in a way add to the big pot of saved spondoolees. (Although I have to admit I've skim read the article,).
I just like to read a political debate and putting a few views in the mix!

Didn't most people who live in Southend area who have come from East End move out because they got rich rather than because of the ethnic diversity?

Didn't most people who live in Southend area who have come from East End move out because they got rich rather than because of the ethnic diversity?

There where a lot of people who got rich from the happenings in East London.
But it seems to me it was a case of that they could afford to move away although they didn't want to!

You should right a book on the subject and call it, oh I don't know, how about 2084 ?

It's already published. I've collated 90% of the posts on here and stuck them in a book!

Back