• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you half full or half empty?

• Total voters

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Before I start, I want it noted that this is not a thread bashing Brown.

I'm just interested to get peoples views after PB's 2 games in charge, how do you look at it, 2 games without defeat or 2 games without a win?

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Against two teams scrapping for the playoffs themselves, it's a good return. Better than 2 from 12 against teams in the bottom half of the table.

PB was brought in to revitalize our campaign, on the grounds that Luggy had got stale and the team demoralised. A not unreasonable tactic, but why is it that we so often in the past have lost out to a team riding on the crest of the "New Manager" wave, yet it hasn't worked for us? I did hope it would work in our favour, and I am thus feeling a little let down.

And I am a founder member of the "Rose Tinters".

I think it is 2 points dropped at Bradford and 1 point gained against Fleetwood.

The Fleetwood manager played a good tactic. His team played a very physical game, knowing that we have a cup final in a week, and players would not want to play that type of game through fear of injury or being suspended.

I thought in all fairness, we coped quite well with it, the officials were inept, clearly, how some of these people cant see some of the stuff that happens in front of their eyes is beyond me! Also, I think Bilel handled him self well today, in the first 30 minutes Fleetwood seemed to target him, but he never reacted. Maybe, just maybe he is maturing.

I think the Glass is half full. I'm not confident we will make play offs, but we have 5 games to go, 15 points to play for, and with some of the teams in the top 6 dropping points, who knows! anything is possible.

Half full in my eyes, the team have showed a bit of character in last couple of games, i think with Wembley on the horizon they dont want to get injured or booked & sit in the Wembley stand & watch everyone play!

Brown imo, is a good appointment, but his brief is the same as Luggys, get us up in your 3 year deal or be gone, Luggy failed that brief, will Brown? who knows!

We can hopefully now watch the REAL southend with Wembley up next then gone, i wouldnt bet against us winning every game now until the end of season..... We all know what they a capable of.........

Phil needs 15 games to get his ideas off the ground and 30 games before we can make judgement.

Surprised people have said 2 games without a win. Both games saw a completely different game in terms of how we had to play. 2-0 up after 15 minutes was a great start, and I wasn't surprised to see is concede 2 as they are a good side and were always going to come at us.

1-0 down to Fleetwood and to see us draw level after literally not having a shot all game. He's come here to try and go for that one last push yes, but realistically, he's here to assess the squad and decide for next season. IMO, he's done alright so far. Trying different formations and player positions, I'm quite confident for next year to say the least.

Given

1) that he was appointed before Wembley rather than the more logical handover of after Wembley;
2) he played three loanees up at Bradford who won't be here next season so he's not concentrating on assessing the squad for next season; and
3) the average age of his starting line-up yesterday (minus the loanees who won't be here next season) was 28 with no-one under the age of 24 (Straker was the youngest of our players out there)

that's win now and go for the play-offs rather than build for the future.

In that case we needed to win at least one of those games.

So it's two games without a win.

I think with the position we are in needing to win every match I would say two games without a win.

I think with the position we are in needing to win every match I would say two games without a win.

Indeed. Also given two points is twice as close to the minimum we could have got as it is to the maximum we could have got, this really is more negative than positive, I'm afraid.

For a guy that's been here for 2 games and trying to get his views across, I struggle to see how it's been negative. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I just feel that it's a bit harsh.

League Cup Finalists away is a tough game and a decent point. Fleetwood Town at home is a game we would hope to win and so is disappointing to just salvage a point.

So one good and one not so good. It is certainly half something!

League Cup Finalists away is a tough game and a decent point. Fleetwood Town at home is a game we would hope to win and so is disappointing to just salvage a point.

So one good and one not so good. It is certainly half something!

Why? We couldn't beat 3 of the bottom 4 at home let alone a team above us in the table.

we aint been beat under his command as yet! so its all good, we have picked up points what more can we ask for? apart from wins but all teams have a bad patch lol

Back