• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
SZ techno people, please, can you set up a poll/quiz along the lines of;
What type of supporter are you?
Half Full, you look for positives and make suggestions on how things can maybe improve.

Half Empty, you look for fault, see it, and then chunder on about it for the rest of that players Blues career?

I ask this because the repeat highlighting of players "knees gone, legs shot, so called strikers, one foot, stuck to goal line" type SUPPORT suggests that many posters need a bit of sunlight and TLC; and to stay away from railway lines and cliff edges.

Thank you in anticipation.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. You have a point but that is the way with Shrimperzone. At times it is more of a "counselling" service for those with worries and troubles.

On the darker side, it is more about attaching blame so that there is an outlet for their fustrations. Or even darker, it gives them someone or something to dislike and channels emotions and problems from their own lives away and their own door step.

All I can say is .............. We're all going to die .................... :omg:

Always half full for me, I stopped getting upset about SUFC results many years ago. Always good to analyse defeats etc but not get too emotional about it. A lot also rests on expectations, a look at the history of SUFC tells you that we are essentially a basement division club with the odd flirtation higher up the ladder, people going mad over a home defeat to (insert team here) should take a look back, we have lost a shed load of games at home. Its what makes the good seasons oh so special, promotions and cup finals have not come our way in high numbers so why should they suddenly be the norm?

I'm glass half full, rose tinted and eternally optimistic where the team is concerned!

Doesn't stop me finding fault with individuals though! :raspberry:

Back