• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
I've just found out that if you take your Southend Utd season ticket along to watch Maldon & Tiptree FC you get half price admission. This is a good initiative to encourage local football fans watch other local matches , i wonder if any other clubs do this and why its not advertised.

For those not fancying Oldham away next Tuesday , Maldon are hosting Witham Town in a crunch local derby- Maldon are on the cusp of promotion play offs and Witham are battling to avoid relegation.
Amongst the Maldon squad are ex - Shrimpers Lee Barnard , James Walker & Max Porter !! :happy:

I've just found out that if you take your Southend Utd season ticket along to watch Maldon & Tiptree FC you get half price admission. This is a good initiative to encourage local football fans watch other local matches , i wonder if any other clubs do this and why its not advertised.

For those not fancying Oldham away next Tuesday , Maldon are hosting Witham Town in a crunch local derby- Maldon are on the cusp of promotion play offs and Witham are battling to avoid relegation.
Amongst the Maldon squad are ex - Shrimpers Lee Barnard , James Walker & Max Porter !! :happy:

Ha! I've played at Maldon's ground back in the day, in the final of the Eastern National (Garages) Cup!Only time my name featured in a match programme.

Great initiative - personally Maldon & Tiptree isn't ideal for me but good to see local clubs trying these initiatives and I hope they get some decent support as a result. Plenty of us out there looking to get our football fix when we're away and we can't make the game.

I must admit I thought this was going to be letting us know that either Barca season ticket holders can get in at half-price at Espanyol or Chelsea at Fulham.

Anyway, I think I'd be cheering on Witham in this clash on the basis of them being Tilly's old club. Come on the [insert nickname here].

Bowers and Pitsea did this until league told us we couldn't
Do it to season card holders of Southend. West spam. Totterington or anyone else for that matter.
So we stopped as ordered. Was going well too.
Bowers have a possibility of promotion to Reyman prem on Thursday. Unbelievable for a little club like Bowers.

I must admit I thought this was going to be letting us know that either Barca season ticket holders can get in at half-price at Espanyol or Chelsea at Fulham.

Anyway, I think I'd be cheering on Witham in this clash on the basis of them being Tilly's old club. Come on the [insert nickname here].

I was hopeful. But they've let us down here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witham_Town_F.C.

Maldon and Tiptree sounds like a Heston Blumenthal-esque culinary fusion of sea salt with jam.

Do they do onions on the burgers there?

Bowers and Pitsea did this until league told us we couldn't
Do it to season card holders of Southend. West spam. Totterington or anyone else for that matter.
So we stopped as ordered. Was going well too.
Bowers have a possibility of promotion to Reyman prem on Thursday. Unbelievable for a little club like Bowers.

Been a remarkable season for them for sure. Any idea how B+P may do regards ground grading if they did gain promotion, wlll their stadium get meet 'C' category criteria or if improvements needed?

I was hopeful. But they've let us down here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witham_Town_F.C.

As an Espanyol soci, (or season card holder), I will of course be going to their home game against Eibar tomorrow evening.No need for any half price ticket discount,thanks.

As an Espanyol soci, (or season card holder), I will of course be going to their home game against Eibar tomorrow evening.No need for any half price ticket discount,thanks.

tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

Really??? Witham Town 16th on 53 points, Norwich united in the only relegation place 24th on 34 points. Not much of a battle

Been a remarkable season for them for sure. Any idea how B+P may do regards ground grading if they did gain promotion, wlll their stadium get meet 'C' category criteria or if improvements needed?

No problem. We sailed through that. Bowers also have quite a few plans going through too. How Rob Small has done what he has is simply quite remarkable. Bowers are guaranteed a play off place but since Rob has arrived when we used to finish in the bottom 5 for years,
1 st year. Just missed out on promotion.
Second year. Semi finals of FA vase and promotion.
Third year sustainable presence in Ryman.
This season. Well 4 games to go. Who knows.

A battle they won some weeks ago; they're 7 points above the maximum the bottom teams can get !

(sorry, just seen similar comment above)

Last edited:

It's a con.

They charge you the other half of the admission cost when you try to leave at half time.

Back