• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Ok, an idea purloined from 606, a review of our players' performances so far this season, reasons and rating out of 10, plus your player of the half season and most improved player of the half season.

I have to give credit to those who have had to deal with a great deal of adversity on the pitch and off it, including criticism from the supporters. Never in my time supporting have I heard such criticism aired so vocally, to me they're all stars.

Mildenhall - 7, hugely improved on last season, now playing with authority and confidence, especially after the recent penalty save. Still a little hit and miss with his kicks though.

Francis - 7, still not convinced he'd be better off as a RW, his forward player is so much better than his defensive. He's still prone to getting caught out by marauding opposition players, which he really shouldn't be now.

Morrison - 7, ok he's a loanee, but I think he's done so well considering he got sent off in his first match. Very dominant in the air and takes some of the pressure off Adam, rather slow on the ground though - a good prospect for the future, would love to hang on to him

Barrett - 7, Mr Dependable, he's had to work with a variety of partners and on the whole has adapted well. Morrison seems to suit him best, and I'm pleased to see him still having the impetus to surge forward, as long as the hole he leaves is covered by Grant or Christophe

Malone - 6, another loanee, who I like, a little impetuous and has been caught out a few times but offers a great option in attack and has coped well with being exposed when the LW goes AWOL

Laurent - 7, has the potential to be more, he's had games where he's torn the opposition apart (Stockport was an absolute demolition) but others where he migh as well not have turned up, there's no middle ground and that's what he needs to work on. If he's not getting the space he wants then he has to find other options.

Macca - 7, easily our most consistent and creative midfielder, as evidenced by the number of assists (2nd only to Francis). Another who has had to cope with an ever changing personnel alongside him, but done it with determination and 100% commitment despite criticism from the fans.

Grant - 6, Mr Versatility, he's been better in defence than midfield for me. His discipline record is a huge problem though, some of his tackling is attrocious - nearly broke a bloke's leg at Canvey in pre-season.

Christophe - 6, Jeff does a dirty job well. He doesn't do the hard tackling well but hustles people off the ball instead. Strong and brave, with a good head in the box.

Moussa - 6, playing "out of position" on the LW, wanders all over the place, leaving the LB exposed. Played better in a 5 man midfield at Orient, with flashes of the "most creative player" soubriquet that some fans seem to think he is.

Barnard - 8, head and shoulders above everyone else. Completely re-invented himself over the summer, no longer Mr Porcelain but a player of strength and resilience. Desperately needs a foil in the mould of Theo, but not as greedy as he was.

Freedman - 5, Dougie's not had a good season although his wily old head is still an important part of breaking teams down. Tilly has to get used to the idea that Dougie is a good option to start a game, and play just one half or the hour.

Scannell - 5, too much injury time AGAIN, very frustrating when you see what we saw at Orient. He does have something, and when he uses his eyes he CAN produce the right ball for others to score.

Walker - 4, sorry Jimmy, have seen nothing to make me think there is anything we can use in our team. Needs confidence and don't think he's going to find it with us now.

Sankofa - 5, struggling to remember to be honest. Why have our injuries been so bad in the early part of the season?

Herd - 5, not featured much, again worrying amount of time injured.

O'Keefe - 5, want to see him used more.

Joyce - 5, keep with it Ian, performance against Orient was much improved.

Player of the half season - no question, Lee Barnard

Most improved player of the half season - Steve Mildenhall.

Morrison 8, Grant also for me.
Macca 6, creates very little of late. Goals? One this season. Not good enough from a 10-a-season man not long ago.

Ok, an idea purloined from 606, a review of our players' performances so far this season, reasons and rating out of 10, plus your player of the half season and most improved player of the half season.

I have to give credit to those who have had to deal with a great deal of adversity on the pitch and off it, including criticism from the supporters. Never in my time supporting have I heard such criticism aired so vocally, to me they're all stars.

Mildenhall - 7, hugely improved on last season, now playing with authority and confidence, especially after the recent penalty save. Still a little hit and miss with his kicks though.

Francis - 7, still not convinced he'd be better off as a RW, his forward player is so much better than his defensive. He's still prone to getting caught out by marauding opposition players, which he really shouldn't be now.

Morrison - 7, ok he's a loanee, but I think he's done so well considering he got sent off in his first match. Very dominant in the air and takes some of the pressure off Adam, rather slow on the ground though - a good prospect for the future, would love to hang on to him

Barrett - 7, Mr Dependable, he's had to work with a variety of partners and on the whole has adapted well. Morrison seems to suit him best, and I'm pleased to see him still having the impetus to surge forward, as long as the hole he leaves is covered by Grant or Christophe

Malone - 6, another loanee, who I like, a little impetuous and has been caught out a few times but offers a great option in attack and has coped well with being exposed when the LW goes AWOL

Laurent - 7, has the potential to be more, he's had games where he's torn the opposition apart (Stockport was an absolute demolition) but others where he migh as well not have turned up, there's no middle ground and that's what he needs to work on. If he's not getting the space he wants then he has to find other options.

Macca - 7, easily our most consistent and creative midfielder, as evidenced by the number of assists (2nd only to Francis). Another who has had to cope with an ever changing personnel alongside him, but done it with determination and 100% commitment despite criticism from the fans.

Grant - 6, Mr Versatility, he's been better in defence than midfield for me. His discipline record is a huge problem though, some of his tackling is attrocious - nearly broke a bloke's leg at Canvey in pre-season.

Christophe - 6, Jeff does a dirty job well. He doesn't do the hard tackling well but hustles people off the ball instead. Strong and brave, with a good head in the box.

Moussa - 6, playing "out of position" on the LW, wanders all over the place, leaving the LB exposed. Played better in a 5 man midfield at Orient, with flashes of the "most creative player" soubriquet that some fans seem to think he is.

Barnard - 8, head and shoulders above everyone else. Completely re-invented himself over the summer, no longer Mr Porcelain but a player of strength and resilience. Desperately needs a foil in the mould of Theo, but not as greedy as he was.

Freedman - 5, Dougie's not had a good season although his wily old head is still an important part of breaking teams down. Tilly has to get used to the idea that Dougie is a good option to start a game, and play just one half or the hour.

Scannell - 5, too much injury time AGAIN, very frustrating when you see what we saw at Orient. He does have something, and when he uses his eyes he CAN produce the right ball for others to score.

Walker - 4, sorry Jimmy, have seen nothing to make me think there is anything we can use in our team. Needs confidence and don't think he's going to find it with us now.

Sankofa - 5, struggling to remember to be honest. Why have our injuries been so bad in the early part of the season?

Herd - 5, not featured much, again worrying amount of time injured.

O'Keefe - 5, want to see him used more.

Joyce - 5, keep with it Ian, performance against Orient was much improved.

Player of the half season - no question, Lee Barnard

Would go along with most of that though I would give Francis 6, Malone 5, Macca 6 & Grant 7 - Barney definitely needs some support both up front and from the midfield

He's a defensive midfielder.

Based on your criteria, what has Mildy created or scored?

I think Grant is a class act - does his job well. Mac doesn't at the moment. Better than I could for sure but then again he's not an authorised signatory for the CAA like me.

Macca - 7, easily our most consistent and creative midfielder,

Haha. Sorry Kay but our survey says....uh uh.

He goes from midfield supremo in one game, to shrinking violet in another. Also, he's not a creative player in the slightest. His passing is woefull at times. He is a decent player, and plays his "midfield destroyer" role very well, but he's nowhere near our most creative. Mousse, Francis and Laurent are all much better at creating chances.

And no, this isn't a fishing trip, just my opinion.

Look, this is not a dissection of Macca's ability but was intended to be an objective review of ALL the players' performances over the half season. We are all entitled to our own opinions, so get on and post yours, don't just pull Macca apart.

And Nik, Francis is NOT a midfielder and Moussa has been abysmal recently, I'm judging my opinion on results.

Look, this is not a dissection of Macca's ability but was intended to be an objective review of ALL the players' performances over the half season. We are all entitled to our own opinions, so get on and post yours, don't just pull Macca apart.

And Nik, Francis is NOT a midfielder and Moussa has been abysmal recently, I'm judging my opinion on results.

Thing is no-one's pulling macca apart. You made the comment "he's the most consistent and creative", and others (incl. me) have disagreed and are now discussing it.

Yeah i know he's a defender. Don't really see what that's got to do with it tbh. He creates a lot more than McCormack, as proved with him being top of the assists table. I agree Mousse has been poor of late, but as i keep saying he needs to play in the middle. He is the only player at the club who can make a successfull pass.

Thing is no-one's pulling macca apart. You made the comment "he's the most consistent and creative", and others (incl. me) have disagreed and are now discussing it.

Yeah i know he's a defender. Don't really see what that's got to do with it tbh. He creates a lot more than McCormack, as proved with him being top of the assists table. I agree Mousse has been poor of late, but as i keep saying he needs to play in the middle. He is the only player at the club who can make a successfull pass.

Stats suggest otherwise.........God, why can't you lot just do what I want, for once?! It's easy, take each player one at a time and post comments and ratings........or is that too difficult for your befuddled little male minds? :p

OK here's mine....

Mildenhall - 8, better than last season

Francis - 7, great creative play this season

Morrison - haven't seen him play yet

Barrett - 7, needs a consistent partner

Malone - haven't seen him play

Laurent - 7, is generally top notch in the games i've seen him

Macca - 6, good one game, poor the next

Grant - 6, not on par with last season's form

Christophe - 4, don't see what he brings really

Moussa - 6, has been poor,

Barnard - 9, the only reason we're not in the relegation zon atm

Freedman - 2, and that's being generous

Scannell - 5, has looked OK, but nothing special

Walker - 4, chance upon chance, but never takes it

Sankofa - 4 totally forgot he was on the books

Herd - 4, hardly ever used which is a shame as i think he's decent

O'Keefe - 5, looked very usefull for the reserves

Joyce - 5, again, looks good at reserve level.

Player of the half season - Lee Barnard

Thank you Nik, can't rep you atm for actually grasping what I meant here but will do x

MudCrabScylla_serrata.jpg

Alan McCormack

Alan_McCormack_Meet_the_blues_day_2009.jpg

A Crab.

:whistling:

Back