• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For purposes of a missive I am putting together on Roots Hall memories, can anyone tell me please what game it was (and when) that someone first won a car with the half time challenge (where i think the task was to put three balls over a barrier in the goal and in to the net from various distances where you had to get at least 3 out of the 4 in).

I think it was circa 2005 and I seem to recall that a couple of weeks later someone did it again, at which point they withdrew the competition!

I also recall seeing a video clip of one of the successes (not sure if it was on here).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

SS

Didn't Brian Wheeler the commercial manager manage one of the challenges or am I dreaming.

I am mistaken or do I recall one in the 80's where a car was parked in the Southwest corner and you had to kick a ball into its open boot from the centre circle ?

wasnt it Millwall at home, i remember the crowd celebrating it as well as a Southend goal too!

Well done that man. A quick bit of old prog research shows it was, on Sat 25 August 2007. Reported in a later match prog there is a great pic of the a balding bloke, gut showing from his too short shirt, turning arms aloft to celebrate with the crowd going mental in the background and a steward standing in disbelief. Happy days.

Well done that man. A quick bit of old prog research shows it was, on Sat 25 August 2007. Reported in a later match prog there is a great pic of the a balding bloke, gut showing from his too short shirt, turning arms aloft to celebrate with the crowd going mental in the background and a steward standing in disbelief. Happy days.

from a car to pizzas to sweet FA- another SUFC downward spiral :sad:

I remember Wheeler doing it to show how easy it was and he had a smug grin afterwards.

I also recall some kid asking Belgrave to do it on his behalf and Belgrave refusing and getting booed.

Didn't Matt Harrold do one of the challenges too?

I remember a Gillingham fan winning the competition to win his hight in pizza but it could only be claimed from the store in Southchurch :hilarious:

Didn't we sign him after that but I'm not sure he ever made a full team appearance ............. :unsure:

Back