• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

south247

Coach⭐
Struck again last night with how random the half time prep is for our boys especially compared with the opposition.

Find too Max Ibenfeld's routine very garboesque. He spends the whole time playing keepy uppy (not badly mind) but very little eye contact with rest of subs or any desire to join in with their 'preparations'.

Find too Max Ibenfeld's routine very garboesque. He spends the whole time playing keepy uppy (not badly mind) but very little eye contact with rest of subs or any desire to join in with their 'preparations'.
Noticed this tonight too. Probably because his English may not be that great yet if he's only been here a few months and most of the lads that were on the bench were the younger lads, with the exception of Barny. I wouldn't be worried about it yet but may be if it's still in the case in a few weeks/months. Craig Reid was the same when he was here and that was far more worrying!

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. Thought Ibenfeldt looked like he was trying to attract the attention of the other subs with his ball-playing skills, but still no one would play with him. Or talk to him.

He did the same on Saturday, don't like to see that, makes it look like he's not part of the squad.

He did the same on Saturday, don't like to see that, makes it look like he's not part of the squad.

I know you will think this is hating of Paul Smith but as an observation he never even comes out at half time, let alone mixes with the other subs. Ibenfeldt is new to the UK and I'm sure he mixes with the rest of the team, he defo gets involved in the pre-match warm up. I like Ibenfeldt and hope he gets a run in the team sooner rather than later.

I know you will think this is hating of Paul Smith but as an observation he never even comes out at half time, let alone mixes with the other subs. Ibenfeldt is new to the UK and I'm sure he mixes with the rest of the team, he defo gets involved in the pre-match warm up. I like Ibenfeldt and hope he gets a run in the team sooner rather than later.

I don't think Paul thinks there is any point in his joining in with half time warm up, it's not quite the same for a goalie anyway.

That makes him look less part of the squad than a player that goes out there and plays keepy uppey
I would assume if he's not going out there, he's taking part in the team talk or spending time with Dan. We don't know what he does at half time, but I believe he is doing his coaching badges so being part of "coaching" would make sense, no?

I would assume if he's not going out there, he's taking part in the team talk or spending time with Dan. We don't know what he does at half time, but I believe he is doing his coaching badges so being part of "coaching" would make sense, no?

Yeah, makes sense

Noticed this tonight too. Probably because his English may not be that great yet if he's only been here a few months and most of the lads that were on the bench were the younger lads, with the exception of Barny. I wouldn't be worried about it yet but may be if it's still in the case in a few weeks/months. Craig Reid was the same when he was here and that was far more worrying!

He is Danish, Id be surprised if he doesnt speak very good English already.

I must be honest, I have always thought that the subs should in the changing room, listening to the half time team talk of the manager. They warm up during the game, cant see extra ball work will improve their performance. The 2 most important parts of a game, for me, is the Managers team talk before the game (all players present) and at half time (only the team that played present).

Granted all Clubs adopt this practice now, but for me, the team should hear the managers thoughts / wishes at exactly the same time as his team mate, whether is a sub or playing !

I must be honest, I have always thought that the subs should in the changing room, listening to the half time team talk of the manager. They warm up during the game, cant see extra ball work will improve their performance. The 2 most important parts of a game, for me, is the Managers team talk before the game (all players present) and at half time (only the team that played present).

Granted all Clubs adopt this practice now, but for me, the team should hear the managers thoughts / wishes at exactly the same time as his team mate, whether is a sub or playing !

Subs get spoken to before they go on.

Subs get spoken to before they go on.

I understand that - but a "team talk" in my opinion is just that, a Team Talk. All Im saying is in my opinion, that what a manager says to the players, should be heard at the same time. If the manager is tearing into the players in the first half, ALL players should be present.

If the manager is tearing into the players what has that got to do with the subs who didnt play ?

That team talk is likely to be completely out of the window by the time as sub comes on so I dont see the point personally.

Rather they were physically ready to come on, and if some ball work at half time helps achieve that then so be it.

If the manager is tearing into the players what has that got to do with the subs who didnt play ?

That team talk is likely to be completely out of the window by the time as sub comes on so I dont see the point personally.

Rather they were physically ready to come on, and if some ball work at half time helps achieve that then so be it.

As i said - my opinion.

Ive played football at all levels, including captaining Essex in my younger days. Growing up, Subs were always part of the pre match talk and the half time talk. The players coming out at half time to do keepy uppies is failry new in the history of football.

The subs would know that the the tearing apart of the 1st team players is not directed at them, but they have to hear the reason why the manager is tearing into the players.

Again, purely my opionion. I am in the minority in football today of course, seeing as 99% of all Clubs allow the subs to "warm up" at half time. Saying that, Im not sure Internationals do ... I stand to be corrected here as well.

Back