• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
What a joke at the snack shop at the South Stand today.

Queue a mile long, ran out of hot chocolate, ran out of hot water and I saw one of the women chuck a bowl of what I can only assume was Luke warm tap water into the water heater and then continue to make drinks with it!

Would not be surprised if there were many sick people tonight - never mind the risk of legionnaires disease!

Last edited:
There's a reason we once had a food hygiene rating of 0

Anyone had a pint in the shrimpers bar lately as well? My word it's the wrankest lager I've ever tasted. Not sure the pipes have been cleaned in decades. Bleurgh.

Queue a mile long, ran out of hot chocolate, ran out of hot water and I saw one of the women chuck a bowl of what I can only assume was Luke warm tap water into the water heater and then continue to make drinks with it!

Would not be surprised if there were many sick people tonight - never mind the risk of legionnaires disease!

All the outlets were under pressure today, people were cold and many more people wanted hot drinks as a result. We went up 5 minutes before half time as normal and joined a queue about 10 times longer than normal!

I am not sure why you have assumed she was chucking a bowl of "luke warm tap water" in what I assume was an urn - how would you know the temperature of the water or the source of it? Have you ever used an urn yourself? You do top them up continuously during usage. There would still likely have been some water at the right temperature near the bottom, and they do heat up fairly quickly.

There's a reason we once had a food hygiene rating of 0

Anyone had a pint in the shrimpers bar lately as well? My word it's the wrankest lager I've ever tasted. Not sure the pipes have been cleaned in decades. Bleurgh.

I drink in there most home games, don't often have lager admittedly but never noticed a problem with the ale.

Yep, the water thing was probably O.K. Running out of Hot Chocolate early on a cold day is not good. It's obvious a drink like that will be extremely popular, and the queues are always much longer.

All the outlets were under pressure today, people were cold and many more people wanted hot drinks as a result. We went up 5 minutes before half time as normal and joined a queue about 10 times longer than normal!

I am not sure why you have assumed she was chucking a bowl of "luke warm tap water" in what I assume was an urn - how would you know the temperature of the water or the source of it? Have you ever used an urn yourself? You do top them up continuously during usage. There would still likely have been some water at the right temperature near the bottom, and they do heat up fairly quickly.

I drink in there most home games, don't often have lager admittedly but never noticed a problem with the ale.
I did not 'assume' anything. I saw what I saw and watched the water being poured into the urn from a bowl which had been in the sink. I had the 1st 4 drinks immediately after after it had been done (approx 1 minute) . It was only after all of us tried the drinks that we found out that the water was barely warm and the drinks revolting. I returned the drinks and got my money refunded after the lady tipped 1/2 of the drink from each cup away and then diluted them by topping them up with the same water.
Not sure how you can defend the indefensible as I assume you wasn't there, let alone question my integrity or ability to recognise poor practise.. and as a matter of fact I have used an urn before not that it has anything to do with it!

I did not 'assume' anything. I saw what I saw and watched the water being poured into the urn from a bowl which had been in the sink. I had the 1st 4 drinks immediately after after it had been done (approx 1 minute) . It was only after all of us tried the drinks that we found out that the water was barely warm and the drinks revolting. I returned the drinks and got my money refunded after the lady tipped 1/2 of the drink from each cup away and then diluted them by topping them up with the same water.
Not sure how you can defend the indefensible as I assume you wasn't there, let alone question my integrity or ability to recognise poor practise.. and as a matter of fact I have used an urn before not that it has anything to do with it!
You literally said 'I can only assume'.

Why can't we have our own tea bars open in the south stand even if it's just hot drinks for cold days instead of trudging half a mile up and down the stairs to the bar st the back of the family stand to queue with their supporters? :angry:

i think for this to be a valid story,,, one must ask where you have used an Urn?

You miss Five minutes every home match to queue for drinks? Why don't you just bring a thermos?

1 "Have you ever used an urn yourself?" In the context of your reply that comment is exceptionally condescending!

2 "Likely [to] have been some water at the right temperature near the bottom". Likely is a ridiculous defence.

3 Lager and Ale are two completely different drinks.

You don't always have to defend the indefensible!

However, i wasn't there...

but i believe you weren't there either...

Hmmm.

Will eat pies and stuff all over the country but would never eat or drink anything at roots hall .the smell that greets you as you walk into the east.stand has put me off for years

It seems to me that you got very defensive unnecessarily! I wasn't questioning your "integrity", just asking if you've used an urn before. As you say you have, then you should know they do need continual topping up if there's a big demand (which there was exceptional demand for yesterday), and if the way you do that is to keep a full bowl of water to hand in difficult surroundings, then that's how you do it. The temperature of drinks is obviously going to vary a bit after it's been topped up. We find that our drinks also vary considerably in temperature, it's part and parcel of being at a football ground in the lower leagues. If you had your money refunded then I fail to see what more could have been done.

You clearly used the words "assume" in connection with luke warm water which I considered to be an unfair and unjust assumption. You could no more make that assumption than I could.

I will, however, mention the concerns about the lager in the bar.

You miss Five minutes every home match to queue for drinks? Why don't you just bring a thermos?
No, you can see perfectly well from the back of the West stand, plenty of people stand there throughout the match!

Will eat pies and stuff all over the country but would never eat or drink anything at roots hall .the smell that greets you as you walk into the east.stand has put me off for years

Yep agree with you,

The stench from "catering" is beyond human consumption !

P

Don't know if it will help but there is no risk of legionnaires disease from a tea urn as you need to inhale the bacteria. Hope that puts your mind at rest :winking:

Back