• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Halifax Town 0-0 Southend United

Two away games against the teams who finished 3rd and 4th last season so to come away still unbeaten away is a result most of us would have taken a week ago.

The lack of firepower (or more likely creativity, as we don’t seem to be missing lots of chances) is a worry but we’re currently missing Cardwell, Murphy and Hyde; Husin missed this one, Mooney and Bridge appear to be playing through injury/on the bench so it’s still early days.

Two away games against the teams who finished 3rd and 4th last season so to come away still unbeaten away is a result most of us would have taken a week ago.

The lack of firepower (or more likely creativity, as we don’t seem to be missing lots of chances) is a worry but we’re currently missing Cardwell, Murphy and Hyde; Husin missed this one, Mooney and Bridge appear to be playing through injury/on the bench so it’s still early days.

119FFF0F-B069-49E6-9D6E-BAA0A0F22834.png

Dissapointing performance against Boreham Wood but decent results away against two difficult sides is pleasing but we need to beef up the striking dept as if we dont we will struggle

I think we are now looking more resilient at the back. And are getting harder to beat.
One goal in three is very poor, desperately need a couple of strikers in . Penalty taker needs sorting quickly.
Tonight’s result was good, but team needs strengthening quickly.

Halifax fan perspective here. Even game first 30mins, both teams had chances. We got our tails up after penalty and up until Half time we had more chances. First 30mins of 2nd half we were again dominating with a few decent chances. Last 15 mins of game just petered out.

Currently you're too lightweight up front. Get Cardwell, Murphy, Hyde back and I think you'll do ok.

We're missing our attacking midfielders at the moment and i think we'll be ok this season as well.

I can imagine stan has put plenty of options to our management team. My guess would be we can't afford those targets unfortunately.

Your guess would be incorrect.

The due diligence our management staff carry out now would mean the names that make it to KM aren’t out of our reach financially. Those that we “can’t afford” be it wages, transfer fee or loan fee would have been weaned out.

You can't gauge a season by 1 home game and 2 away games, and untold injuries. We're not going to play twice as many away games. Also, some of those playing tonight were carrying a slight injury, Mooney's being the worst. We have to pick up points where we can until we have most or all of the players back and fit.

Reactions: GBJ
Quick journey home.

MOTM Hobson or Arnold.

Arnold made plenty of saves, really head a shoulders above the standard of Oxley. It's truly shocking how long Oxley stayed, and how much he got paid.

Hobson continues to show that when he is on form, he is superb.

Miley looks great as well, Crowhurst doesn't look out of place considering he is young.

Lomas and Kensdale are superb together (with Hobson).

First half was a lot of us, second half was a lot of Halifax. But they were poor, and will be nowhere near play offs this season.

I think we've got to settle for boring, frustrating games until the EFL transfer window closes (as KM has said multiple times). Then we can dip into the market to loan an attacking mid and an out and out striker. By the way, Dalby would not have solved the issue in tonight's match.

The more clean sheets we can get, and boost the confidence of our defenders, the further we will go when the attack gains confidence.

PS, take Powell of penalties. Give them to Ralph, Miley or someone who has more composure.

Just to add, I wouldn't judge us until we've played Chesterfield, Wrexham and Wealdstone. That will be a very tough run of games, how we perform and what points we get from them will show us how this season is going to go.

Your guess would be incorrect.

The due diligence our management staff carry out now would mean the names that make it to KM aren’t out of our reach financially. Those that we “can’t afford” be it wages, transfer fee or loan fee would have been weaned out.
Why the bloudy hell we still tit arsing around trying to sign striker? Kev been trying for nearly 3 months now and still no luck. I understand its better to wait sometimes to get the right player but now we are looking very light up top. 1 available fit striker isn't good enough.

Why the bloudy hell we still tit arsing around trying to sign striker? Kev be trying for nearly 3 months now and still no luck. I understand its better to wait sometimes to get the right player but now we are looking very light up top. 1 available fit striker isn't good enough.

Kev said we're waiting for the EFL transfer window to close, did he not?

Why the bloudy hell we still tit arsing around trying to sign striker? Kev be trying for nearly 3 months now and still no luck. I understand its better to wait sometimes to get the right player but now we are looking very light up top. 1 available fit striker isn't good enough.

Are we still “tit arsing around”?

We chased Rutherford hard, we chased Kelly even harder. We’ve seen a couple of other bids rejected. We’ve had striker trialists in. We’ve had loan strikers choose elsewhere. We’ve had loan strikers we’ve turned down due to the deal from the parent clubs. We’ve had loan strikers we’ve turned down as deemed not good enough, not the right profiles, not the right type, not the right “fit”.

If we wanted any striker, we could easily bring someone in on loan tomorrow. Whether they would be good enough is another question.

As I mentioned earlier, this can change at any minute between now and the end of the transfer window in March.

Being in the National League does mean players/Clubs do hold out for EFL moves, however, when we were League Two, we had players hold out for League One/Championship and when we were League One, we had players hold out for Championship.

Back