• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hamilton returns to Manchester United

It seems to me that fans are fully entitled to vent their frustration on players who clearly haven't made the grade in what's been an awful season.

Its no wonder we are having an awful season when some are calling for Cox to start yet point the finger at a young lad on loan who stepped into a toxic dressing room.

He had scored 4 goals in 13 games at Rochdale last year and was really impressive in his first game v Posh, going forward shooting and set up good chances when Goodship should have scored at 0-0. It was Hamilton on his own who got us back in the cup game v MK, with good attacking play and we pulled a goal back to make it 1-2.....Others had given up.

It was Hamilton and Hutch who were the inspiration when we were 2-0 down to Wimbledon at home. Then a Tranmere he was given a more defensive roll and covered both touchlines with far more energy than the likes of Dieng

Shame he came here during our worst ever year in our history and was not used in the right way....Thats not his fault and thats why Man U have called him back.

Dont be to smug because he is a PL player who you don't rate and it hasn't worked out....We need loan players and their clubs need to have some faith in us.....Otherwise we will be the laughing stock of the football world.

Its no wonder we are having an awful season when some are calling for Cox to start yet point the finger at a young lad on loan who stepped into a toxic dressing room.

He had scored 4 goals in 13 games at Rochdale last year and was really impressive in his first game v Posh, going forward shooting and set up good chances when Goodship should have scored at 0-0. It was Hamilton on his own who got us back in the cup game v MK, with good attacking play and we pulled a goal back to make it 1-2.....Others had given up.

It was Hamilton and Hutch who were the inspiration when we were 2-0 down to Wimbledon at home. Then a Tranmere he was given a more defensive roll and covered both touchlines with far more energy than the likes of Dieng

Shame he came here during our worst ever year in our history and was not used in the right way....Thats not his fault and thats why Man U have called him back.

Dont be to smug because he is a PL player who you don't rate and it hasn't worked out....We need loan players and their clubs need to have some faith in us.....Otherwise we will be the laughing stock of the football world.

I've got news for you.We aready are "the laughing stock of the football world."

Showed potential early on, but not one I'm sorry to see go now.

Would be surprised if he ever played above League 1 level based on what I've seen.

It is telling that recent loan players have shown more effort and enthusiasm than some of those on our books, Taylor Moore, Sam Hart and I would include Ethan in that too.

When I saw we had loaned a player from Manchester United, I thought: here we go!
It goes to show guaranteed pedigree is a fool's dream.
Along with Milligan, EH was the most disappointing signing based on expectation.

Anyone that knew what he was like at Rochdale knew he was a long shot merchant - turns out he was the same for us. No real disappointment that the loan has been cut short.

I've got news for you.We aready are "the laughing stock of the football world."

Its not a personal dig at you Tangled. We have a long road ahead of us until next August. Who really knows beyond that.

My view is us fans bottle up the anger a bit by excepting out fate. Rather than take out years of frustration on the next loanees. Why not get behind the players that Sol has faith in, whether you agree or not with his choice because he is dealing with them and he knows them and its not based on their ability but attitude......Which is what we all demand anyway.

In fact its vital that say a Kelman or Hutch have a good few months in the way Dru did under CP when the pressure was off. We want them to be saying to their pushy agents. I want to be at RH next season, I will get game time and it will be good for my career......If they don't what the F*** will any of us have to look forward to.

I think people writing him off are being a bit premature, whilst a few players look fantastic at 21 they are in the minority, most take a bit longer to iron out the mistakes. Plus loanees rarely thrive when the players they are supposed to learn from are awful. He got rave reviews from his previous loan spell so I doubt he'll end up in non-league even if United do release him and he can work his way up from there.

Look at Glen Kamara, he joined us on loan at 21 from Arsenal and looked poor in the handful of games he played for us, Arsenal subsequently released him but are now considering an £8m bid to get him back from Rangers because it turned out he just needed a bit more time to develop.

Yep and hasn’t really played much at all. He’s 21 you’d think United would know by now if he was going to be any good or not.
I often think that that about all the 21 and 23 squads. Youd think people would know by that age whether theyll make it or not.

Prob end up at Salford/Oldham/Bolton. Not the right place for him here in our circumstances, Frees up room for a defender.

One thing was for certain, he wasn't going to come into our side and set the world on fire because we didn't/don't have the players to enable him to flourish. At times he showed flashes of quality, which, properly channelled, would have made him an ok improving player. After all that was the reason Man U let him come on loan. I don't think he deserves some of the flack he's got on here, but we're in a bad place ourselves at the moment so it shouldn't surprise me when the knives come out so quickly.

I often think that that about all the 21 and 23 squads. Youd think people would know by that age whether theyll make it or not.

There is always the late bloomers but some baffle me how they manage to stay at big clubs. Look at Ryan Inniss he’s 24 and ****e but still on the books of a prem club.

I think people writing him off are being a bit premature, whilst a few players look fantastic at 21 they are in the minority, most take a bit longer to iron out the mistakes. Plus loanees rarely thrive when the players they are supposed to learn from are awful. He got rave reviews from his previous loan spell so I doubt he'll end up in non-league even if United do release him and he can work his way up from there.

Look at Glen Kamara, he joined us on loan at 21 from Arsenal and looked poor in the handful of games he played for us, Arsenal subsequently released him but are now considering an £8m bid to get him back from Rangers because it turned out he just needed a bit more time to develop.

CM is a tough position for an experienced player in a losing side, let alone a young lad.

I Remember fans being thoroughly unimpressed with a that lad we signed from Spurs when he first played...... Kevin Maher.

He will end up going out on loan straight away I would of thought, to another league one club as well.

There is always the late bloomers but some baffle me how they manage to stay at big clubs. Look at Ryan Inniss he’s 24 and ****e but still on the books of a prem club.

At a prem club if they dont cut the mustard they must stick out like a sore thumb you would think.

Back