• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hammell - Thanks

Decent enough player, but this is over the top. His right boot never got a mark on it.

Funny how people see the game differently I suppose.

Strangely enough,i agree!

Maybe would've been better with two giant centre-backs to take the heat off,like Spinner + Sodge a la Man Utd.

Oh well,cheerio:)

Decent full back and a top professional, sad to see him go. But lets not forget he was part of a back 4 that leaked goals all over the shop last season and hasn't exactly been watertight this season either. It's not the end of the world.

Shame to see him go but as Neil pointed out previously it may well give us a better shape to the team. It seems he was relishing the opportunity to attack more this year.

One player who would always be welcome back

He also helped to restrict Cristiano Ronaldo to a couple of 20 yarders against us in some match last November. Does anyone think we'd have won that match had Ronaldo been up against dear old Che Wilson?

Martin Jol picked him out as our star player in the quarter final too.

He also helped to restrict Cristiano Ronaldo to a couple of 20 yarders against us in some match last November. Does anyone think we'd have won that match had Ronaldo been up against dear old Che Wilson?

Martin Jol picked him out as our star player in the quarter final too.

Two good points there, he is a class act, I look forward to him playing international football

Best of luck Hammell, If I move up north with my family, in 12 month time, if they missing home, families and friends I would decided to move back if that make my family happy - happy family is better than unhappy.

All this is way over the top for an ok player, who was one footed.

He was crap at defending, but good going forward, and good at free kicks.

Boy did he look out of his depth at times.

All this is way over the top for an ok player, who was one footed.

He was crap at defending, but good going forward, and good at free kicks.

Boy did he look out of his depth at times.

You may be right but given the number of times I've heard that for other players and managers, it feels wrong!

Cheers Stevie. You have been great for us and i personally have felt you were brilliant while you were with us! Legend

Yes I can understand why Steve wanted to move, I wish him all the best and I will now keep a close check on Motherwells future results.

Last year he went toe to toe with the current best player in the world and came out on top, so hats off to you Steve, all the best back north of the border.

A little surprised he says his family could not settle, as it was his wife who fell in love with Southend when he looked around reportedly.

Southend has just as many heroin addicts, drunks, random violent acts and dietry related illnesses as you would find in most parts of Scotland. How could his family fail to feel at home?

Last edited:
I felt almost as gutted when I found out last night as I didn when Freddy left. It really ruined my Paella.

I thought he was a fantastic player for us. Good defender, great worker and a superb set piece. I for one will really miss him.

I appreciated the fact he stayed and fought hard for us when we went down unlike some others (JCR) who just jumped ship and I really appreciate his kind words on the OS.

Wishing him all the best - a truely ****ing top fella.

DtS

I felt almost as gutted when I found out last night as I didn when Freddy left. It really ruined my Paella.

I thought he was a fantastic player for us. Good defender, great worker and a superb set piece. I for one will really miss him.

I appreciated the fact he stayed and fought hard for us when we went down unlike some others (JCR) who just jumped ship and I really appreciate his kind words on the OS.

Wishing him all the best - a truely ****ing top fella.

DtS

well said Dave, I'm in complete agreement.

Back