• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hammell - Thanks

Stevie won't be making his 2nd debut for Motherwell in their cup game with Dundee tomorrow. Game called off already as Fir Park is unplayable (yet again!)

All this is way over the top for an ok player, who was one footed.

He was crap at defending, but good going forward, and good at free kicks.

Boy did he look out of his depth at times.

Yes but he was left footed, the side he needed to be.

Better than having a right footed player like Che Wilson there.

You are right he was better going forward than defending but his defending was ok and he broke a lot of attacks up being in the right place at the right time..

I felt almost as gutted when I found out last night as I didn when Freddy left. It really ruined my Paella.

I thought he was a fantastic player for us. Good defender, great worker and a superb set piece. I for one will really miss him.

I appreciated the fact he stayed and fought hard for us when we went down unlike some others (JCR) who just jumped ship and I really appreciate his kind words on the OS.

Wishing him all the best - a truely ****ing top fella.

DtS

Excellent post, really spot on!!

Hammell's one of those reliable players who always does his job without any fuss and who you don't really notice. Every team needs them and I was disappointed to hear him leaving. He's by far our best set piece taker but hopefully this Mulgrew can take a good corner because lets face it Gower's rarely beat the first man.

Goodbye and God Bless

I've read all the posts on this subject and I'm a little emotional.

I too really like Hammel and think it's going to be a long time before we find anyone as good as him. He seems like a really genuine guy and I've no annimosity towards his decision to leave.

Good Luck Steve and all the best! Hope you get in the Sweaty's starting 11!

Just wanted to add my best wishes to Stevie Hammel as he goes back home.

Gave a good crack down here at the Hall, shame Mrs H couldn't settle and misses her friends and family.

Good luck Stevie hope your return lifts Motherwell's spirits after the Phil O'Donnell tragedy.

Notice their game tomorrow in the Scottish Cup called off due to the snow, so they should feel at home pretty quickly!!! :p

Bit of a liability last year and was until last few games not that adventurous. Good League 1 player. Shame overall whilst we are in this league. And at Hartlepool when he scored the pen he really looked as though he loved it.

But this is now the route back in for Kev. Bailey or Macca can'y be far off another suspension, so Kev comes in and we need someone to take the set pieces.

Bit of a liability last year and was until last few games not that adventurous. Good League 1 player. Shame overall whilst we are in this league. And at Hartlepool when he scored the pen he really looked as though he loved it.

But this is now the route back in for Kev. Bailey or Macca can'y be far off another suspension, so Kev comes in and we need someone to take the set pieces.

Mate....Just sent you some AM details

Back