• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was this our only 'home' friendly this season?
I would have thought they are asking around the local non-league clubs if they can stage the game now.

My dad spoke to the groundsman the other day and he was saying that the pitch needs to be laid 12 weeks (or something like that) before you play on it. But to save money, the club gave him a lot less time to do it. He was very concerned that if we had any kind of downpour during our preseason the pitch would be ruined, due to lack of time the pitch had been given to bed in.

My dad spoke to the groundsman the other day and he was saying that the pitch needs to be laid 12 weeks (or something like that) before you play on it. But to save money, the club gave him a lot less time to do it. He was very concerned that if we had any kind of downpour during our preseason the pitch would be ruined, due to lack of time the pitch had been given to bed in.

At least we're having a nice dry summer though....

tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

How about that stadium in Stratford E15?. Don't think there are any games scheduled there in July so it should be available.:winking:

Well this has worked out well. Now they are going to have to pay the club wherever they decide to hold the game and also I suggest a lower paying attendance.
Thus apparent cost saving has backfired!!!!

Coincidentally, it was the spammers game a few years back that ruined our pitch then. When there was a monsoon and the club still played the game. Even though it never should have gone ahead to start with. That set the pitch back a good few years. Needed a few years to recover from that. For what? To get to play against the spammers in a pointless preseason game, woo hoo! Really worth damaging your pitch fir the entire season. Hopefully this time round, they have learned from past experiences.

SUFC trying to cut costs ? Surely not !! :blush:

Back