• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
should walk after that. Not overreacting but his comments in the press about not wanting to score and just stop them going in were unbelievable. However he carried out his plan today against a useless outfit that quite honestly we should be beating 4 0. Jack Payne ran the show in the first half and you were thinking to yourself this is the saviour, a bloke that should be playing 2 leagues higher and the creator that Phil has been ignoring.......guess what, he took him off and left on his old mate and headless chicken Atkinson, a disgrace. Even worse still his side refused to go over the half way carrying out his instructions to not score anymore but to protect that 1 0 lead.....even playing at home with 7 mins added on only 2 up front, Corr looked disinterested with 8 hanging behind the half way line....................get rid now if this is his master plan!

should walk after that. Not overreacting but his comments in the press about not wanting to score and just stop them going in were unbelievable. However he carried out his plan today against a useless outfit that quite honestly we should be beating 4 0. Jack Payne ran the show in the first half and you were thinking to yourself this is the saviour, a bloke that should be playing 2 leagues higher and the creator that Phil has been ignoring.......guess what, he took him off and left on his old mate and headless chicken Atkinson, a disgrace. Even worse still his side refused to go over the half way carrying out his instructions to not score anymore but to protect that 1 0 lead.....even playing at home with 7 mins added on only 2 up front, Corr looked disinterested with 8 hanging behind the half way line....................get rid now if this is his master plan!
Harsh but so true, we are weaker than last season.
If not for Bentley we would be even worse off.
6 games in and it is smacking most of us in the face, lack of goals, Corr is finished.

There's something really unattractive about a club that presses the panic button after 6 games, especially when there's 8 points on the table already. Room for improvement, certainly. Time to part company with the manager, no.

Just posted on another " why did he take Jake Payne off" thread - it was obvious he was tired and why thrash him to death this early in the season - perhaps I have been watching football too long but this was the obvious and sensible thing to do!

Some ridiculous comments being bandied about. Clubs should sack a manager for a few reasons - the main ones being when the clubs appears to be heading nowhere or when he has lost the dressing room. 90% of us were calling that Brown was getting it right last season compared to Sturrocks tenure - especially for the long term and it doesn't look to me like he has lost the dressing room. We have one problem which is not scoring enough goals, as soon as we become a club that sacks their manager for that one reason alone is the day I will have serious worries over the direction our football club is going in. We are in league two for a reason and can't just sign strikers that are proven goalscorers, in my mind PB was seriously handicapped by Rons decision to sign Lee Barnard on a one year contract. I very much doubt with the wages Barney is on that we would be able to sign a striker like Tubbs aswell. Lets keep the faith and hope that we discover a rough diamond from somewhere or that our loanee starts doing the business. I for one, don't want to see any manager get sacked before 12-15 games into a season unless there are extreme circumstances. When Lenny or Hurst start finding some form, we will be fine.

Knew you'd react like this, very predictable.

Quite honestly i don't come on here much because of people like you that put up with any old **** e.....today's second half was the most pathetic piece of management that i have ever seen!

Some ridiculous comments being bandied about. Clubs should sack a manager for a few reasons - the main ones being when the clubs appears to be heading nowhere or when he has lost the dressing room. 90% of us were calling that Brown was getting it right last season compared to Sturrocks tenure - especially for the long term and it doesn't look to me like he has lost the dressing room. We have one problem which is not scoring enough goals, as soon as we become a club that sacks their manager for that one reason alone is the day I will have serious worries over the direction our football club is going in. We are in league two for a reason and can't just sign strikers that are proven goalscorers, in my mind PB was seriously handicapped by Rons decision to sign Lee Barnard on a one year contract. I very much doubt with the wages Barney is on that we would be able to sign a striker like Tubbs aswell. Lets keep the faith and hope that we discover a rough diamond from somewhere or that our loanee starts doing the business. I for one, don't want to see any manager get sacked before 12-15 games into a season unless there are extreme circumstances. When Lenny or Hurst start finding some form, we will be fine.

There is more than one problem. Not scoring goals is the tip of the iceberg IMHO. The second half today was probably the worst half I have seen in a long long time. Players don't go from passing the ball around to looking like first time footballers without an underlying problem. I think he is losing the changing room

Typical and predictable over reaction. We should have gone in 2-0 up at half time and then things might have been different. Payne had to go, he was absolutely knackered.

Haha it's the return of the wigster! Probably fed up of mrsblue hogging the limelight. :smile:

How predictable.....

Second half we were crap, these forwards never look like scoring. Leonard was not himself at all. Corr was useless today, just one flick on won. I am losing interest and feel that Phil Brown is all talk with little behind it, just like the new ground! With this lot of players where the forwards cannot hit the net, forget promotion, look the other way. They need a kick up the bum. I am not payng hard earned money to what this rubbish.

We were down to ten men for the last 5 minutes had you not noticed?

Back