• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

daveydiamond

Having read the forum over my lunch for longer than I care to remember, I already feel like I know all the characters even though this is my first post.
Was a season ticket holder for over 20 yrs but let it lapse a couple of years ago at the height of the RM shenanigans. Whilst personally nothing surprises me any longer, I did feel that RM was genuine, a good communicator, and generally a positive for The Blues. When we started defaulting on wages, taxes etc. I took it personally as not normally a poor judge of character. Anyway enough of that has been documented elsewhere!!
My dliemna now is that The Blues have a very good chance of being at Wembley next month. Whilst not wanting to tempt fate I'm sure many of you have already blocked out that weekend, and are refusing to make alternative commitments.
Personally would love to see The Blues at the home of football, but also very conscious that I lay myself open to being accused of being a hanger on / glory seeker who is nowhere to be found on a cold Tuesday evening in January. (Something I am sure that I have been guilty of doing many times over the years!)
Would appreciate the voice of the genuine fans - better to have a massive following, or something to be savoured by the hardcore?

If we get to Wembley and take 5-6,000 regular fans , it's going to look and sound a little pathetic.
So keep the date free and come along , you won't be alone in being a non-regular.................

Everyone is welcome as far as I'm concerned. There weren't 21,000 die-hard Shrimpers in Cardiff but it didn't detract from the occasion.

Welcome to the zone (at last)
Far better to have 20,000 non regular fans who don't even know the players I would say.

Having been to Cardiff with just 5000-6000 the last time we won the play off final, it was embarassing to saythe least.(just look at the photo on the wall in the club shop next time you are in there.

Still, as someone said, it was better to have the people there who really mattered, and the people it really mattered to.

The more hangers on the better IF we make it to Wembley. Better still be a hanger on for the final 3 home games (including Play Off semi), and you will be well and truly forgiven!!

Wembley is a way off yet but IF we make it there, how many times will we get the chance to see the mighty Blues at Wembley? More the merrier I say, but then I'm not a regular either as much as I'd love to be.

I have a lot of friends who support prem teams but try to come to 3 or 4 games a season with me and always make the effort to look for our scores etc. these aren't true shrimpers but their from the area and do care what happens to the blues so IF we get to wembley and they want to come i would be more than happy. As I would for any fans who may have chose to stay away for a few years. If it means you might start coming again then even more reason to come!!

I am a 50 + game a season fan and I would love to see nothing more then 30k people in the "Southend" end back the boys.

I would love to see a Southend Vs Oxford game as we could see 60k +

I am a 50 + game a season fan and I would love to see nothing more then 30k people in the "Southend" end back the boys.

I would love to see a Southend Vs Oxford game as we could see 60k +

Easily 60k. But we'll probably end up with Oxford in the semis.

Everyone is welcome as far as I'm concerned. There weren't 21,000 die-hard Shrimpers in Cardiff but it didn't detract from the occasion.

Of course it didn't, was amazing seeing that many people there! The best atmosphere was the play-off final though.

Easily 60k. But we'll probably end up with Oxford in the semis.

I don't think Oxford will make the play offs, I've an idea that Crewe will beat them to 7th.

To the subject in hand I see no problem at all about people turning up at Wembley if we are fortunate enough to get there. I'd love to see 25/30,000 Shrimpers cheering us on to victory.

100% go, and bring your friends too - the regulars I go with and I will certainly be bringing a few hanger's on and semi-regular supporters. The more the merrier, it'll be a celebration after all.

Mr Diamond , I can only echo the what has been said so far - please if the opportunity arises come the game - I think I heard Uncle Ron say once that there are something llike 75000 "fans" on the club database - that means we've got 70000 so called hangers on.
It is also a sign of the quality of fans on this site that so far everyone understands your view & no one has been too critical of you.

Great day at Cardiff - will always rememeber a chap in the lower tier about 5 rows behind me that was so lagging that he slept through the whole occasion , what made it better was becaus there was so many empty seats he literally spread himself across 4 seats and was happy as larry .

Would love to know how much that weekend cost him only to miss the whole game !!! One of my pals was lagging in Vegas from a 36 hr boozing session and decided on a power nap only to miss the Hatton v Mayweather fight !

Having read the forum over my lunch for longer than I care to remember, I already feel like I know all the characters even though this is my first post.
Was a season ticket holder for over 20 yrs but let it lapse a couple of years ago at the height of the RM shenanigans. Whilst personally nothing surprises me any longer, I did feel that RM was genuine, a good communicator, and generally a positive for The Blues. When we started defaulting on wages, taxes etc. I took it personally as not normally a poor judge of character. Anyway enough of that has been documented elsewhere!!
My dliemna now is that The Blues have a very good chance of being at Wembley next month. Whilst not wanting to tempt fate I'm sure many of you have already blocked out that weekend, and are refusing to make alternative commitments.
Personally would love to see The Blues at the home of football, but also very conscious that I lay myself open to being accused of being a hanger on / glory seeker who is nowhere to be found on a cold Tuesday evening in January. (Something I am sure that I have been guilty of doing many times over the years!)
Would appreciate the voice of the genuine fans - better to have a massive following, or something to be savoured by the hardcore?

Firstly welcome to the zone. Secondly the more the merrier. I dont imagine every side that gets to Wembley only takes the hardcore support with them.

Welcome to the zone double D,i havnt seen the shrimper live in anger for over maybe 9 years but my son and i will ne there if they grace the hallowed turf,so thats a yes go from me.

Back