• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hannah Beard R.I.P

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Passed away last night.

IMG_2140.jpeg
She was a massive SUFC fan and I met her a couple of times at away games over the years. Pretty sure her Mum and Dad post on here. I want to put something up but not close enough with the family to know if that’s ok?

I know she had struggles with illness over the years. Didn’t realise it was this serious. So sad and really puts life into perspective.

Hannah’s mum and dad here. We are heartbroken to lose our beautiful girl. Hannah’s passion was Southend United she won league 2 fan of the year in 2011 in recognition of the struggles she had with her health and how she moved operation dates to get to see her beloved blues. She was devestated when she could no longer get to her seat in the east greens.

So sorry to hear your terribly sad news Steve and Shelia.RIP Hannah .

Hannah’s mum and dad here. We are heartbroken to lose our beautiful girl. Hannah’s passion was Southend United she won league 2 fan of the year in 2011 in recognition of the struggles she had with her health and how she moved operation dates to get to see her beloved blues. She was devestated when she could no longer get to her seat in the east greens.
Sheila, i cannot imagine the pain you are going through atm. Those that knew Hannah know of her love for the club..it is so hard to add any words of comfort right now, but we all feel the loss. It is just terrible.. XX

You should be so proud of the daughter you raised. Every time I met her she was polite and always friendly. Her passion for the club was second to none. Absolutely devastated for you. 😔

I am terribly sorry for your loss, I can only imagine how difficult things must be for you all.

Please let us know if there is a charity or cause to make a donation in Hannah's memory.

RIP x

I couldn't believe this when I saw it earlier today, devastating news for Sheila, Steve and Debbie (Roxy) too, who was her cousin. I travelled a few times with them limo style for the last away matches of seasons (which always coincided with Debbie's birthday and she liked to do things in style).

We were all so pleased for Hannah when she won Fan of the Year for League 2 back in 2011, despite her health issues, still managing to travel across the country for matches for many, many years - always looking breath-takingly beautiful. I've messaged the families privately but echo all the comments here.

A very sad loss to her family, and to our wider Shrimper family. Sleep peacefully and pain free now Hannah, God Bless xx

Much as I was aware Hannah was very ill I am still absolutely devastated for you both at this sad time. Send much love and thoughts to yourself and Steve ❤️

Really sad to hear this. I didn't know Hannah well. We only spoke a handful of times, the last time probably 7 or 8 years ago now. She was lovely though, and a comforting familiar face at away games. A truly passionate Southend fan and part of the Shrimper family.

I know of her battles with Chron's Disease over the years. My brother suffers from ulcerative colitis which is the second of the two inflammatory bowel diseases. He has so far had nowhere near the level of issues that Hannah did with surgeries, etc. but I know through him how debilitating those illnesses can be. She ploughed on bravely and always with a smile though, which was inspirational. I had no idea that she was seriously ill recently, so this was a nasty shock to read.

Sending all the strength and light possible to her loved ones, and may she rest in peace.

Back