• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hannah Beard R.I.P

Sincere condolences Sheila & Steve. So sad to hear this news about Hannah. When I think of the wide Shrimpers family, the three of you are always in my thoughts. East Greens will be another mainstay missing.

My sincere condolences, thinking of you, Sheila and Steve, I can’t begin to know how you are feeling. I first met Sheila, Steve and Hannah when we started sitting next to you, you in east black we were the other side of the wall in east greens, Hannah was an amazing young lady. She will forever be a Shrimper and holds a place in the hearts of those that met her. RIP 🌹⚽🌹

I was lucky enough to attend the Football League Awards the night Hannah won. She was such an inspiration and although that was the only time I met her, it was always delightful to see her smiling face pop up with family and friends on social media whilst attending an Essex Cricket match or SUFC fixture whatever the town or City (or even country in Glamorgan’s case)!

Just that one evening with her listening to her and sharing my own experiences about my Dad who had also had Crohns, was enough to know that she was a lovely person and one that I can say I have had the privilege to speak too and have met.

R.I.P. Hannah x

i took Hannah to her first game on 16th november 1996 was a home game vs west brom. she was 8 years old and was so excited that she was coming to football with me. she wore her scarf with pride that day and ever since.of course we lost 3-2 but that did not stop her love affair with the club.
her first away game came on the 8/12/2001 chesterfeild away in the fa cup. southend ran cheap coaches and i told her after one home game not to tell her mum straight away as we would need to break it to her later in the evening.however hannah could not contain her excitement and ran indoors shouting we're going to chesterfeild..
after this we travelled everywere following the blue's making many friends along the way.hannah travelled on wino;s coaches who always looked after her and called her noisy due to her quiteness.she loved travelling and the longer the journey the better she liked it.
hannah suffered with Crohns dieaseand had many operations which meant she had to miss several games along the road.however even if she felt ill or recovering from operations she would force me to get her to the games.she even cancelled operations when there was a clash. her last game was typical Hannah as although feeling really ill insisted i drove her to Gatehead which like her first game we lost.
I would just like to say thank you for all your kind word as Hannah would have loved to know you all cared. writing this is so hard as i and my wife miss our beautiful angel so much but i just wanted everyone to know just how much she loved this wonderful football club it really was her passion.utb.
What a post what a family what a dad and what a shrimper … god rest your soul … god bless you all xx

Always sad to hear of the passing of a Southend fan, even more so when so young. Condolences to her family and friends.

RIP Hannah

i took Hannah to her first game on 16th november 1996 was a home game vs west brom. she was 8 years old and was so excited that she was coming to football with me. she wore her scarf with pride that day and ever since.of course we lost 3-2 but that did not stop her love affair with the club.
her first away game came on the 8/12/2001 chesterfeild away in the fa cup. southend ran cheap coaches and i told her after one home game not to tell her mum straight away as we would need to break it to her later in the evening.however hannah could not contain her excitement and ran indoors shouting we're going to chesterfeild..
after this we travelled everywere following the blue's making many friends along the way.hannah travelled on wino;s coaches who always looked after her and called her noisy due to her quiteness.she loved travelling and the longer the journey the better she liked it.
hannah suffered with Crohns dieaseand had many operations which meant she had to miss several games along the road.however even if she felt ill or recovering from operations she would force me to get her to the games.she even cancelled operations when there was a clash. her last game was typical Hannah as although feeling really ill insisted i drove her to Gatehead which like her first game we lost.
I would just like to say thank you for all your kind word as Hannah would have loved to know you all cared. writing this is so hard as i and my wife miss our beautiful angel so much but i just wanted everyone to know just how much she loved this wonderful football club it really was her passion.utb.
Such lovely words Steve, we cannot begin to know the pain that yourself and Auntie are going through. Hopefully reading all the lovely thoughts and memories of beautiful Hannah will help to give you some comfort and strength, knowing how well loved Hannah was among her Shrimper family.
Shine brightly beautiful Hannah xx

Back