• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contest that he is here for the long term financial benefits of the proposed move to Fossetts Farm; and good luck to him if he is. The 'I love Southend United' bollocks that he has spouted in the past is IMO akin to the badge kissing goal scorer who leaves for more money at the first opportunity. Please don't dress it up as something it isn't; it's both boring and embarrassing.

Boring and embarrassing? Quite the contrary. In fact, if anything; the Shrimperzone 'fans' on here are an embarrassment to our club. They're not fans. They don't support the club - they moan. That's what this is, it's a place to moan and vent the anger that has been built up on un-solid foundations for the purpose of moaning. This site is like a religious text to half the people on here. Bored with this dull monotonous lives who live to moan. It's utterly pathetic.

Anyway, we digress. I came on here to wish Ron a Happy Birthday.

Boring and embarrassing? Quite the contrary. In fact, if anything; the Shrimperzone 'fans' on here are an embarrassment to our club. They're not fans. They don't support the club - they moan. That's what this is, it's a place to moan and vent the anger that has been built up on un-solid foundations for the purpose of moaning. This site is like a religious text to half the people on here. Bored with this dull monotonous lives who live to moan. It's utterly pathetic.

One sweeping generalisation after another. Classy.

Presumably 'un-solid foundations' is a portentous referral to our new stadium.

Good on you Prawn. RM has actually kept this club going (probably by dubious means) when a lot of others, in this loss making business, have gone under.
Yes, there is a pot of gold for RM if FF actually comes off, but if we get the staduim we hope for, then I personally will not complain.
No one knows what would have happened if Ron had not got involved - we were already in the sh*t as far as I understand, but at least we have a club to support (now there is a thought!).

Football fans moaning? Never! :stunned:

He has a point! :hilarious:

Good on you Prawn. RM has actually kept this club going (probably by dubious means) when a lot of others, in this loss making business, have gone under.
Yes, there is a pot of gold for RM if FF actually comes off, but if we get the staduim we hope for, then I personally will not complain.
No one knows what would have happened if Ron had not got involved - we were already in the sh*t as far as I understand, but at least we have a club to support (now there is a thought!).
Second this!
UTB

I did ask the question a few weeks back, saying if you won a big lump of money on the lottery , would you stick a decent amount into Southend United.
I think to a man or women everyone said no.
The reason given that it was money down the drain and a bad investment to own a lower division football team.
This we all know is very true. Very few even manage to break even let alone make any money. Yet these same people can't even bring themselves to wish Ron the best on his 60th birthday. Rather run him down for various reasons, one being he hasn't got enough money. Not having enough money, yet still trying to get us promotion should be seen as a noble thing. Not to be run down for.
So he has not got enough money. How many owners in league 2 have? Should he just give up trying or like he does fight tooth and nail to make it work.
I am just glad we do have fans like prawn and teabee1 who can see the bigger picture.

I don't understand this forum. Lots of you give a nasty word on here, but when given the opportunity to speak out to Ron or about him, you all hush up and sit back down red faced. Hiding behind a screen to be nasty is indescribably low, almost shameful.

For me, I am most certainly with those that would like to wish Ron a wonderful birthday. He has done wonders for our club in the last 14 years and if anything the recent troubles that has proven he is here for our club. Like SU BLUE has said, the fact that we have a club to support is marvellous. You only have to look around you to realise that the world has been falling apart. It isn't easy for anyone, let alone for a business that is open 5 days a week but only has one day of business every two. Hardly any of you will want to accept this, but then again, you can't win them all.

So Ron, Happy Birthday and thank you.

Cool story bro. Can I hear it again?

Sixty ? That sounds like retirement age to me !

No, maybe just the more 'reasonaby minded' amongst us are actually saying something instead of reading the constant ill informed garbage that a lot people seem to want to post on here.

No, maybe just the more 'reasonaby minded' amongst us are actually saying something instead of reading the constant ill informed garbage that a lot people seem to want to post on here.

What makes you more "reasonably minded" than people who dislike/have had enough of Martin then? And please don't say you've got an art degree or some other useless title that makes the limp-wrested brigade believe they're far superior to the common working man.

Looks like Ron's family have set up more IDs on SZ then.

This

Unbelievable! How do you get from 'reasonably minded' to art degrees and limp wrist brigade??
Some people's dislike / hate of Ron Martin has blinkered their view of the big picture regarding this club - yes we are on thin ice, but we still going... What will actually happed regarding FF (which is basically what RM is all about) I do not know - I just hope.
So don't insult me just because I do not have a pathalogical hatred of Ron Martin.

I did ask the question a few weeks back, saying if you won a big lump of money on the lottery , would you stick a decent amount into Southend United.
I think to a man or women everyone said no.
The reason given that it was money down the drain and a bad investment to own a lower division football team.

This we all know is very true. Very few even manage to break even let alone make any money. Yet these same people can't even bring themselves to wish Ron the best on his 60th birthday. Rather run him down for various reasons, one being he hasn't got enough money. Not having enough money, yet still trying to get us promotion should be seen as a noble thing. Not to be run down for.
So he has not got enough money. How many owners in league 2 have? Should he just give up trying or like he does fight tooth and nail to make it work.
I am just glad we do have fans like prawn and teabee1 who can see the bigger picture.

You are totally missing one important aspect when asking that.

Ron Martin did not just buy a club that was losing money knowing he would lose money, he bought it because he saw the opportunity to sell the ground and redevelop in and make a large amount of money, not lose any.

Ask the question :

"If you won the lottery would you buy a club where you could redevelop the ground and make even more money"

I think you will get a different response.

Unbelievable! How do you get from 'reasonably minded' to art degrees and limp wrist brigade??
Some people's dislike / hate of Ron Martin has blinkered their view of the big picture regarding this club - yes we are on thin ice, but we still going... What will actually happed regarding FF (which is basically what RM is all about) I do not know - I just hope.
So don't insult me just because I do not have a pathalogical hatred of Ron Martin.

You haven't answered my question? What makes you more reason minded than anyone with a dislike for Ron? If someone has heard stories (facts) about the guy & decided they don't like him, or want him anywhere near the club, what makes them less reason minded than you?

You haven't answered my question? What makes you more reason minded than anyone with a dislike for Ron? If someone has heard stories (facts) about the guy & decided they don't like him, or want him anywhere near the club, what makes them less reason minded than you?

The clue lies within your post where you assume he's got an art degree and is limp-wristed just because his opinion differs to yours, and use that assumption to class him as a snob.

Not the work of a reasonably minded person :winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back