• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
Sitting her in Germany,having a beer or few..just remembered its BONFIRE night.
It WAS a great night when i was a child..in Elm rd..with my dad..things went wrong..most of the fireworks went up"in smoke"no PUN intended.
By Pollards and Knights (Leigh)..with a Guy Fawkes...penny for the Guy!!( be arrested now)..what happy times.
even remember,parents getting together,paying for the fireworks and the parents eating things like sausage on the stick,pies,etc while we watched the "home made firework-bonfire display"
Will go out very soon and let off some some "left over" fireworks" from new year ,here in Germany..even though its against the law and have another beer.
About-20 years ago,here in Germany i made up a large winter sock full off paper,looking like Guy Fawkes and set fire to him on the driveway,with some fireworks going off,the kids loved it then..but now they are older.
Its such a SHAME we dont CELEBRATE Guy Fawkes night like before..but im getting old

I can't remember the last time I saw someone asking for penny for the guy.

Maybe 1990?

I guess it's been overtaken by modern times - kids, begging for money to buy fireworks and to put a lifelike dummy on the fire to burn....PC gone mad :winking:

At least the burning part goes on in some parts of the UK....

trump-effigy.jpg

Again,
Happy Bonfire night:smile:
Now 2017,but has most people forgot-dont care about out traditions!!
Was there anywhere a bonfire-fireworks...hope so
I let off a few here in Germany(in rain) again..the Engländer is drunk again,they must think!!

Again,
Happy Bonfire night:smile:
Now 2017,but has most people forgot-dont care about out tra atitions!!
Was there anywhere a bonfire-fireworks...hope so
I let off a few here in Germany(in rain) again..the Engländer is drunk again,they must think!!

There's been loads - just come back from a huge display at a local park. Alive & well in the UK Oz.

Just back from a display at our local football club and there were plenty of fireworks going off elsewhere as we walked home.

Although there don't seem to be as many bonfires as there used to be. Shame - I do love a big ******* fire.

Just back from a display at our local football club and there were plenty of fireworks going off elsewhere as we walked home.

Although there don't seem to be as many bonfires as there used to be. Shame - I do love a big ******* fire.

Your Dad used to like letting them off in The North Bank .

Back