• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko2

Hi I'm new to Shrimperzone so bare with me if i make a few mistakes. I have logged in a few times and seen all manner of views regarding the the downwards up and upward slopes of our current postion as SUFC.. I have supported SUFC since the days of Trevor Roberts/Tony Bentley etc and rememeber many a freezing evening in Div 4. I have followed the team since and at one time was a regular executive member Albeit Jobson was in charge then so we wont go there !...Anyway my point Being i HAVE NEVER KNOWN the club be in such an upward position, of course there are high's and lows in everything as is life . I think Ron Martin and his team have given me as one,new hope that we are once and for all moving forward..Im exactic as i know most of you are with the Manu draw..I remember Liverpool here with 30.000...I have seen upteen ground moves vanish ...Mostly i think for the greed of x chairman IE : the flats on the old west bank..and many players sold to survive ......This time i feel now is SOUTHEND UNITEDS.and am proud to be to be a fan !

Welcome onboard Cricko. We like positive posts, they brighten the place up
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Oct. 27 2006,13:42)]Welcome onboard Cricko. We like positive posts, they brighten the place up
smile.gif
check out the pub threads from time to time ...im sure you ll have some interesting tales to tell....ah yes the big south bank where they used to open the gates 15 mins from the end and youd regularly see dog walkers coming in...and standing under the old scoreboard
biggrin.gif

I was in with the sardines the other week in the Spread, taking my son to the Coventry game . god for the old days when it had a few more bars lol..but ty i will visit the pub forum!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Oct. 27 2006,14:42)]Welcome onboard Cricko. We like positive posts, they brighten the place up
smile.gif
If you can find them amongst the wrist-slicing angst and negativity.

If you can find them amongst the wrist-slicing angst and negativity................ Maybe there should be a "lets jump off the bridge " Forum lol

TY Uxbridge i hope i add a few different perspectives.is there a chat room on this site ? sorry if i am asking or talking in the wrong forum to ask u this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cricko @ Oct. 27 2006,14:51)]TY Uxbridge i hope i add a few different perspectives.is there a chat room on this site ? sorry if i am asking or talking in the wrong forum to ask u this.
Chat room is active during games. As mentioned elsewhere, there's also the pub, which is great for non-Southend banter. Particularly if Dave the Shrimper is leading the topic
laugh.gif

Welcome Cricko! Totally agree and long live the upward spiral.

The other day I met a Forest "fan" (quite frankly, like your average Man U "fan", he's never been to a game and isn't likely to and as a Forest fan, he was raised in the Channel Islands!!). Anyway, upon hearing I supported Southend United, he chuckled and said, "ha, what league are they in then?". Game, set and match when my colleague said "the one above you!"

Despite our not-so-good league form, these are indeed happy times!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cricko @ Oct. 27 2006,14:51)]TY Uxbridge i hope i add a few different perspectives.is there a chat room on this site ? sorry if i am asking or talking in the wrong forum to ask u this.
Cricko,

The Chat Room during a match is well worth a visit, there are some great characters in there and you are always guaranteed a good laugh (not just at our performance)

Hope to see you in there on Saturday

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cricko @ Oct. 27 2006,13:37)]Hi I'm new to Shrimperzone so bare with me if i make a few mistakes.
I make that seven words into your first post. Congratulations on achieving an exceptional level of irony so early in your SZ career.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Oct. 27 2006,15:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cricko @ Oct. 27 2006,13:37)]Hi I'm new to Shrimperzone so bare with me if i make a few mistakes.
I make that seven words into your first post. Congratulations on achieving an exceptional level of irony so early in your SZ career.
You horrible bugger, on his SZ debut and you've already started on him  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Oct. 27 2006,13:42)]Welcome onboard Cricko. We like positive posts, they brighten the place up
smile.gif
Couldn't agree more!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 27 2006,16:21)]
[b said:
smile.gif
Couldn't agree more!
TY Wiggy .........il try to speel me breatest in future

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 27 2006,16:21)]
[b said:
smile.gif
Couldn't agree more!
This really HAS been a strange week
upside.gif

Back