• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Happy Father's Day

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
Don't panic you haven't forgotten - it's only Father's Day here in Australia. Just off to a local park to cook a special breakfast on the BBQ in the sunshine.

Hard life isn't it?

Had me going there till I remembered Father's Day in the Uk is always around my mum's birthday which is in June - conversely Mother's Day is always near my dad's birthday 15th March!

Enjoying yourself then? Hope the shirt's getting plenty of wear!

Yep - it's not too shabby!

Just typing this as I sit in the garden, about 25c, sipping some tinnies.

Wore my SUFC training top as I did the barbie this morning. Hope that counts.

Course it does! Shame you've not got too much to boast about in the performances of late but I'm sure that'll turn around.

You'll make us all jealous, wind and rain all weekend here.

Yep - it's not too shabby!

Just typing this as I sit in the garden, about 25c, sipping some tinnies.

Wore my SUFC training top as I did the barbie this morning. Hope that counts.

For God's sake don't start this "it's million degrees and I'm dipping my toe in an Aborigine" malarky on here or you will be in big trouble.

For God's sake don't start this "it's million degrees and I'm dipping my toe in an Aborigine" malarky on here or you will be in big trouble.

I was thinking the same here Ken ... Xabia MkII anyone ?? :unsure:

All joking aside Lib, glad you seem to have settled into your new life so quickly

To balance it up I am surrounded by fecking Aussie's so it's not all perfect.

Oh, and the beer's ****e and all there is on tv are silly idiots chasing an egg shaped ball around.

AFL isnt that bad. When you are football starved you tend to watch any other ball sport!!

I'm actually getting into the Rugby League to be fair. Up here in Queensland it is a religion in much the same way as Football is in the UK.

I watched the Brisbane Broncos beat Newcastle Knights on TV last Friday and with the first finals match coming up this Friday I'll be sitting watching again with a few beers. Having been to a couple of A-League games at Suncorp Stadium already I'd love to go there when it's nigh on full for a Bronco's match.

As for AFL, I haven't quite 'got it' yet. In sport I need to have an interest in one of the teams to really enjoy it and I am quite specific about supporting my local team (which explains the years of supporting Southend). As the Brisbane Lions didn't make the finals this year I will have to wait until next season to watch with real interest again - but hope to get to The Gabba for a game when the new season kicks off.

I'm actually getting into the Rugby League to be fair. Up here in Queensland it is a religion in much the same way as Football is in the UK.

I watched the Brisbane Broncos beat Newcastle Knights on TV last Friday and with the first finals match coming up this Friday I'll be sitting watching again with a few beers. Having been to a couple of A-League games at Suncorp Stadium already I'd love to go there when it's nigh on full for a Bronco's match.

As for AFL, I haven't quite 'got it' yet. In sport I need to have an interest in one of the teams to really enjoy it and I am quite specific about supporting my local team (which explains the years of supporting Southend). As the Brisbane Lions didn't make the finals this year I will have to wait until next season to watch with real interest again - but hope to get to The Gabba for a game when the new season kicks off.

Gabba is a great ground. Went to it while up there in Brissie although not quite as impressive as the MCG. How you get 80,000 people watching a cricket match i dont know.

I am a honourary Roosters fan. (Although now live in Manly). So gearing up for the finals although it will be a war between Manly and Melbourne.

As for AFL Swans fan (have to be really based in Sydney). Great win on Saturday night and have to play well this saturday to get to the semi-finals. It is a weird sport though.

Back