• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Happy Shrimpers in the Spread

McNasty

I did a bit in the Spread last night and despite England losing the thoughts of the mighty SUFC kicking off in a few weeks was no1 on the agenda for those present.
A good night was had by all , I even caught two blokes in the Gents talking about "forth-coming away trips to new places". A couple of lads hope we draw Man U in the FA Cup so they can personally thank Portugeezer Ronald O for his good work in yesterday's World Cup match.

and I got to dance with "two hot babes" who have seasos in the West for the first time.

Roll on 5th August

if rooney, neville and ferdinand have any sense, when they go back for pre season training they will kick ronaldo arse out of england

For some reason I wasn't entirely sure of, I was much less gutted about England going out this time than last time even though we have a better team this time round.

It could be because at least we put in an excellent performance when reduced to ten.

However, I honestly think that with the Championship season nearing it's start, I'm just too excited about the new season to be too down about England. In contrast, it wasn't quite looking quite so rosey 2 years ago.

Although I did swear a little at the tele after we went out I too was less pee'd off this time round.
In contrast to what sufcintheprem says though I feel I was less bothered because each of our performances was about as exciting as watching a mathematician calculating pi to 7000 decimal places with a pen and paper.
We have the players, but the manager was a tw&t who decided the best form of attack was defence. He has now gone, thank the Lord, but without wanting to pre judge (but I'm going to anyway) I have no faith in Steve McClaren at all.

Oh well who cares this is going to be another exciting season for the mighty Shrimpers.
love.gif

I feel the same with McClaren. I just feel like he will be Sven II and he will be up against it from the start. Only way he'll get my backing is if he puts his neck on the line a little and makes some fairly big changes to the team. We were just nearly men.

If this doesn't happen, he'll be gone by the end of the season and Tilly will take over in a part time capacity....

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 02 2006,17:43)]In contrast, it wasn't quite looking quite so rosey 2 years ago.
Last time England went out in the World Cup was 4 years ago.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ July 02 2006,15:53)]I even caught two blokes in the Gents talking about  "forth-coming away trips to new places".
Do you often hang about in the gents to see what you can catch 'blokes' at?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 02 2006,17:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 02 2006,17:43)]In contrast, it wasn't quite looking quite so rosey 2 years ago.

tounge.gif
I think he was referring to losing to Portugal in Euro 2004.

Must admit I wasn't too upset this time either. Must be getting used to going out on Pens I suppose.
Can't wait for the new season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 02 2006,17:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ July 02 2006,15:53)]I even caught two blokes in the Gents talking about  "forth-coming away trips to new places".
Do you often hang about in the gents to see what you can catch 'blokes' at?

rock.gif
Yes, it's all part of the job. I have even been in the Ladies a couple of times.

just got back from gelsenkirchen, watched on big screens there with 40,000 others and all was wonderful till the pens. no trouble really. geermans were great hosts.

still, who cares, I see much more important stuff has been going on at SUFC in last two days (more than the rest of the summer till then' I'll go away again.

Ditto, I wasn't really suprised or that bothered that we went out. Individualy we have some great talented players in the England squad but as a team, with Svens management style and tactics, absolutely shocking. Truth is we didn't deserve to go any further when you take a look at some of the flair and attacking style of football played by some of the other teams, especially France.

Oh well, lifes a bitch then you marry two
laugh.gif

Bring on Stoke and the rest of the CCC
smile.gif

I can't believe that some of you were not bothered that we went out would you have been that bothered if we had got to the final.

I was gutted we lost, but i was in the ground at the time perhaps thats why???
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ July 02 2006,18:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 02 2006,17:44)]
[b said:

tounge.gif
I think he was referring to losing to Portugal in Euro 2004.
We have a winner!

The similarity being that two years ago we also played Portugal in the quarter finals, played half the game with ten men (although some cheeky mates of mine suggest that there was a chap called Vassell on the pitch), lost Rooney midway through and went out on penalties.

To be fair, 4 years ago, Southend weren't in a great state either!!!

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 03 2006,12:08)]The Hip-Hop Farm in Paddock Wood was a bit downbeat.

sad.gif
Corrected your typo, Naps.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ July 02 2006,14:53)]and I got to dance with "two hot babes" who have seasos in the West for the first time.
Hils and her sister out on the lash again?
wink.gif

Back