• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ April 23 2004,14:55)]All this cr*p about St.George being patron saint of other countries ... so?

St Patrick is the patron saint of Nigeria.

St Paddy is also the patron saint of excluded people, although isn't that pretty well covered by the Irish?
My point exactly, the patron saint has nothing to do nationality, or the country concerned.
Today is St Georges day, a celebration of St George, not England,
It would seem that countries without a national day have used their patron saints day to fill the void

I thought this might be nice to give the Dragons perspective of things

The Dragon's Lament (St George's Day)

It isn't much fun to find out you're a dragon,
I wish I'd been born St George.
I would laze about town, drinking wine from a flagon,
Then look for poor creatures to scourge.

I'd have a head start with my sword and my armour,
No dragon would dare to advance;
And dozens of maidens I'd save before supper,
If only they'd give me the chance.

I'm the last of my kind;
You would think they'd preserve me,
For I'm tired and I'm flameless and old.
I'll give just a few puffs
And then roll over gently
And hope that the blade isn't cold.

St George, he'll be famous -But what of the dragon?
Who will remember my name?
Ah, such is this world--They must all have their heroes,
And dragons are always 'fair game'.

Trevor Hawey

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 23 2004,15:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ April 23 2004,14:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 23 2004,14:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ April 23 2004,14:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 23 2004,14:08)]I passed my driving test this morning, so St George's Day will forever be special for me now!
biggrin.gif

It should be made more of though, just like St Patricks Day is for the Irish.

Let's campaign to have a public holiday!
tounge.gif
congrats... beers on you?

and ci city blue who is buying for all shrimpers fans in the hoy and helmet in benfleet.
See you in there then?
Maybe. what time you in there for?
About 8.30pm - the landlord has got a late licence until 12am so no worries about rushing beers down your neck....
you just don't want to pay for my 10 beers

Happy St.Georges Day!!!!!

Saw one flag on the way to school this morning, pathetic. Where's this countries patriotism gone?

ENGLISH AND PROUD!!
biggrin.gif

Ireland, Ireland,
Together standing tall.
Shoulder to shoulder,
We'll answer Ireland's call.

By the way, it's the six counties that are Briitish, not Ulster.

Must make you very proud to be English on this day when the instigator of this thread takes to such juvenile chanting from the dangerous posituion of behind the keyboard when everyone knows full well he wouldn't last 5 minutes in Belfast or Derry.

Happy St. Georges Day to you all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 23 2004,18:01)]Ireland, Ireland,
Together standing tall.
Shoulder to shoulder,
We'll answer Ireland's call.

By the way, it's the six counties that are Briitish, not Ulster.

Must make you very proud to be English on this day when the instigator of this thread takes to such juvenile chanting from the dangerous posituion of behind the keyboard when everyone knows full well he wouldn't last 5 minutes in Belfast or Derry.

Happy St. Georges Day to you all.
Err.....what are you doing then fella writing a paddy song on a St Georges day threat.

The debate of two wrongs maknig a right springs to mind again.
rock.gif

The thought "if you like the 6 counties so much and believe in the cause, why don't you bugger off to Belfast or Derry and see how long you last, rather than writing damn stupid slogans on here from the safety of a keyboard and intimating it's part of what St. Georges Day and England is all about." springs more readily to mind.

It really boils my **** to hear stupid kiddies or knuckle draggers with their pathetic "No surrender" chants when haven't a damn clue what they're on about. There's people on here that know and have experienced a whole lot more about the troubles afflicting the 6 counties than you'll ever know.

Back