• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Happy with this season

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Hindsight may be a wonderful thing but, looking at the table now compared to last year, would you say that this season has been a good one.

Obviously, being down at the bottom was rubbish but the recovery, for me has given so much hope for next season, it's actually turned in to our most successful season in years!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 23 2004,12:55)]it's actually turned in to our most successful season in years!
...as long as we're higher than 17th place on more than 54 points.
certainly the Tilson/Brush campaign has been excellent. the millenium Stadium. Beating Canvey in the dying minutes. beating Colu U at their place and at our place...THAT final whistle.....yep...we've had worse seasons
biggrin.gif

Don't forget a 10th place finish would be our highest postion ever since we got relegated to 3rd Div under 'Muppet' Martin, we finished 11th in 2000/01 season under Webb, so a chance for Tilson to improve that.

I hope Orient win 2morrow Vs Boston to help us on way to a Top 10 finish
biggrin.gif
that will be the last time I root for Borient.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 23 2004,13:40)]No, this season has been rubbish, we didn't do anything in the League cup.
Yes we did. We scored two goals. That a whole lot more than usual!

Well as the general opinion at the start of the season was that we were going to be top half, with an outside chance of the playoffs, I would guess that the majority of this board will consider it to be a bad season.

Personally, we have done better than I thought, but then we did change manager.....

Overall a good season considering the financial situation, Would be made mauch better if we had some news of financial stability (or even a club) for next season.....

Once the likes of Maher, Warren, Cort, Jupp and Constantine sign new contracts, and 4 or 5 players are brought in to supplement them, then I will start looking forward to next season....

This season, however, has been even more of a rollercoaster than normal - Cardiff again next season for the play offs please....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 23 2004,14:30)]Cardiff again next season for the play offs please....
Any thing less than automatic promotion next year and I'll be so jolly upset.

Nah, can't be bothered with that automatic promotion rubbish. Playoff penalty win.

After so much promise at the first game against cheltenham, i am dissapointed we havent played to our potential, if we did we could of been looking at the playoffs at least. But since tilly has come in we have played better than any other team we have had in the third division and it just shows we have the core for a promotion challenging team. So in all after wignall f**ked us up im more than happy with this season, the ability is there, the manager is there, the passion is there, but most of all the pride is there. Roll on next season. SUFC champions elect!!...
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 23 2004,14:30)]Once the likes of Maher, Warren, Cort, Jupp and Constantine sign new contracts
I've seen a lot of posts along the same lines. Am I the only one who actually hopes that Jupp doesn't get a new contract?

Back