• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
If the 'will of the people' is TRULY the driving force behind what this is about, why should ANY voters be scared about a certifying referendum when the people of the country are now more informed about the issues and even more informed about what the specific next steps might be?

Indeed, I suggested a referendum to certify the terms of Exit. I don't think it'll happen mind.

We voted leave, so we need to leave. If we voted remain, I can only imagine the outrage if pro-Brexit Tories insisted on a second referendum.

We voted leave, so we need to leave. If we voted remain, I can only imagine the outrage if pro-Brexit Tories insisted on a second referendum.

We would never lower ourselves to such an embarrassing whinge. They would only lose again by a bigger margin.

David Bloom, HSBC’s global head of FX, said the currency is now “de facto official opposition to the Government’s policies”.

"The argument which is still presented to us, that the UK and EU will resolve their difference and come to an amicable deal, appears a little surreal. It is becoming clear that many European countries will come to the negotiation table looking for political damage limitation rather than economic damage limitation. A lose-lose situation is the inevitable outcome,” Mr Bloom said.

David Bloom, HSBC’s global head of FX, said the currency is now “de facto official opposition to the Government’s policies”.

"The argument which is still presented to us, that the UK and EU will resolve their difference and come to an amicable deal, appears a little surreal. It is becoming clear that many European countries will come to the negotiation table looking for political damage limitation rather than economic damage limitation. A lose-lose situation is the inevitable outcome,” Mr Bloom said.

Or to paraphrase:

1. A bloke you've never heard of who works for a bank has an opinion
2. Exchange rates sometimes react to events

2. Nail on head. Exchange rates react to events. The event hasn't even happened yet and at Southend airport yesterday one Euro would buy you less than one pound.

It always has but I think I know what you mean.

That's why bookings are up with all the independent B&B's in Southend. So good news all round.

It always has but I think I know what you mean.

That's why bookings are up with all the independent B&B's in Southend. So good news all round.
in someways its obviously a good thing - our goods are cheaper to sell overseas, we attract more tourists (I think one of the aims of Leave was to attract more foreigners to the country!) but the economy needs stability and this doesn't provide that.

Back