• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hard or Soft Brexit?

What should happen?

• Hard Brexit

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Soft Brexit

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Another referendum on the terms of the Brexit deal

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Forget it all and remain

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
No it won't. A 'soft Brexit' (i.e. staying in the single market and ergo freedom of movement) would not be Brexit. The EU has actually said this isn't on the table. Immigration was clearly a major factor in the referendum and if we kept freedom of movement it would be a massive betrayal.

Don't forget, Labour committed to Brexit in their manifesto, and they've said that when we leave that will end freedom of movement. Corbyn is arguably more of a Eurosceptic than May. I think there's more to this election result than the Remainers fighting back, if that was the case the Lib Dems would've done better as they positioned themselves as the anti-Brexit party. A lot of the panellists in the BBC studio this morning were suggesting that domestic issues (austerity, NHS, police cuts etc) have actually played a bigger part.

The DUP will insist on it, otherwise the whole thing will fall apart. They do not want a hard border with the Republic.

The DUP will insist on it, otherwise the whole thing will fall apart. They do not want a hard border with the Republic.

Daily telegraph has confirmed that the DUP would want to see a soft Brexit, my guess is that some sort of EFTA style solution is the only option available to the tories.

I understand a 'hard Brexit'................I don't agree with it..........but I understand it. What I find difficult is a soft Brexit. How, in substance (rather than semantics), is 'soft Brexit' better than no Brexit at all?

I understand a 'hard Brexit'................I don't agree with it..........but I understand it. What I find difficult is a soft Brexit. How, in substance (rather than semantics), is 'soft Brexit' better than no Brexit at all?

My guess is that most on here will probably have different interpretations of Hard versus Soft, my own would be that Soft would resemble an EFTA type deal, where by a lot of Jurisdiction will remain with the EU..while a Hard will mean totally away from any.

Back