• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
I have a bad feeling on what will happen should Southend not get promoted this season.I can see PS either retiring or being asked to vacate his position.Also we will lose Tam,Reeves,Lund and Assombolonga,none will sign for us,Tam and Reeves to Div1 clubs i suspect ,Lund to Bristol Rovers where he has played on loan before and Assombolonga back to his club,also i believe we will lose most of our present players, Smith,Clohessy,Mohsni,,Straker,Hurst,Lenard,Cresswell,Tomlin perhaps Eastwood and Laird and Bentley, Harris and Barker may well retire.and also Corr may well leave.This will leave us back to where PS first came in and with our not to good a record of paying players on time and embargoes etc ,we may well be fighting next season to stave off relegation to the conference.Yes we will have a new manager but how good i dont know. Players yes but ones with any sort of ability will bypass us.We need a new Backer thats for sure , but thats very doubtful unless he was will to satisfy RM first.iI truly hope this is all a dream and i wake up very soon , but thats how i see our furture at present , not very bright im sorry.:sad:

jeez, scaremonger alert!!

For a start, none of the loanees will sign for us permanently irrespective of who the manager is. The only possibility is Mkandawire given his age and injury probs.

So our entire contracted team is going to retire or resign because Sturrock leaves? Get a grip....SUFC will not cease to be just because of Sturrock (potentially) leaving.

jeez, scaremonger alert!!

For a start, none of the loanees will sign for us permanently irrespective of who the manager is. The only possibility is Mkandawire given his age and injury probs.

So our entire contracted team is going to retire or resign because Sturrock leaves? Get a grip....SUFC will not cease to be just because of Sturrock (potentially) leaving.

If we manage to make playoffs or go up we will be able to sign Reevs and poss Mkandwire who are both surplus to requirements at their respective clubs.

If PS goes next season the only way I can see our big name players staying is if Coughlan gets the job, they all know him, respect and have been working with him for 2 and a half seasons.

With any luck PS goes upstairs into a Director of Football role and still helps the club attract the right calibre of player

I can see Clohessy maybe feeling it's time to prove himself at a higher level, and probably a few L1 aides fancying Cresswell but other that that..

We can still make the playoffs anyway, with Laird and Tomlin back in the side and Phillips+Cresswell to come back we can still match anyone in this division..

Keep the faith you pessimist!

And there was me thinking this season was looking a bit ropey!!!!!

If we don't go up, which is, lets face it, pretty likely, we will always be looking to rebuild. If Luggy leaves its pretty clear that it will probably be GC who takes over, for financial reasons and continuity.

There is no way Britt will sign for us permanently, though I really don't think he is much better than our level anyway. The football transfer merry-go-round will kick in, and we will already be looking at who may be free in the summer and planning for whichever division we are in.

We've been here before, rebuilt and carried on. We will do so again if needs be.

If we don't go up, which is, lets face it, pretty likely, we will always be looking to rebuild. If Luggy leaves its pretty clear that it will probably be GC who takes over, for financial reasons and continuity.

If we don't go up that will be three failed attempts.

The last thing we need is continuity !!!

Players come players go. I rememer when David Crown left and he was replaced by someone called Brett Angell and there was uproar.

These players have got us to the dizzy heights of 8th so they are not that amazing.

If people don't renew their season tickets because they don't think we've done very well, it's cutting off your nose to spite your face a bit. Next season is a new year and people should back the club if they want us to have the budget to press for promotion. Let's not forget we have the 9th highest average attendance in the division - we really don't deserve too much more than 8th in the league unless the fans come out and back us.

I'm aware its a simplistic view point but it's true, is it not?

Too soon to press the Abandon Ship button yet. Amazingly we still have a chance of reaching that crucial 7th place. Despite only getting one point from the last two matches, other results have gone amazingly well for us and we're still in with a shout. The two teams above us, Rotherham and Exeter, play each other next Saturday and don't have a game this Tuesday. So a win agianst Plymouth and away at Rochdale would put us back in the play-offs.

I can be optimistic, can't I.....?

If we manage to make playoffs or go up we will be able to sign Reevs and poss Mkandwire who are both surplus to requirements at their respective clubs.

If PS goes next season the only way I can see our big name players staying is if Coughlan gets the job, they all know him, respect and have been working with him for 2 and a half seasons.

With any luck PS goes upstairs into a Director of Football role and still helps the club attract the right calibre of player

Doubt Reeves would sign for us even if we went up.

AS for Director of Football, the club decided we couldnt afford an assistant manager, we arent going to be employing a director of football.

If people don't renew their season tickets because they don't think we've done very well, it's cutting off your nose to spite your face a bit. Next season is a new year and people should back the club if they want us to have the budget to press for promotion. Let's not forget we have the 9th highest average attendance in the division - we really don't deserve too much more than 8th in the league unless the fans come out and back us.

I'm aware its a simplistic view point but it's true, is it not?

Sort of.

But Burton, Cheltenham, Exeter and Northampton all average less than us. But are higher in the league standings.

That said there are plenty with bigger gates, that are below us in the league. So much of a muchness really!

I have a bad feeling on what will happen should Southend not get promoted this season.I can see PS either retiring or being asked to vacate his position.Also we will lose Tam,Reeves,Lund and Assombolonga,none will sign for us,Tam and Reeves to Div1 clubs i suspect ,Lund to Bristol Rovers where he has played on loan before and Assombolonga back to his club,also i believe we will lose most of our present players, Smith,Clohessy,Mohsni,,Straker,Hurst,Lenard,Cresswell,Tomlin perhaps Eastwood and Laird and Bentley, Harris and Barker may well retire.and also Corr may well leave.This will leave us back to where PS first came in and with our not to good a record of paying players on time and embargoes etc ,we may well be fighting next season to stave off relegation to the conference.Yes we will have a new manager but how good i dont know. Players yes but ones with any sort of ability will bypass us.We need a new Backer thats for sure , but thats very doubtful unless he was will to satisfy RM first.iI truly hope this is all a dream and i wake up very soon , but thats how i see our furture at present , not very bright im sorry.:sad:

of course we might still go up- in which case.....:smile:
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?76054-Could-this-become-one-of-our-best-ever-years

Phew! No sign of a plague of locusts then.....?

I will always renew my season ticket and support this club, even if we ended up in the blue square south! I love this club and have followed this club for the last 19 years of my life and that isn't changing anytime soon.

Newcastle (with all their history and stature) got relegated from the Premiership not that long ago and we're moaning because we may miss out on the play offs? We have no divine right to be in League 1 just because we once beat Man United and had some successful spells in the past.

Missing out on the play offs is not a huge underachievement worthy of binning your season ticket for. Ron Martin is our chairman, I'm thankful we still have a club left at all! Too many negative fans on this site, comments like "Sturrock has put together the worst side I've ever seen at Roots Hall", I remember Bramble, Carl Emberson and Barrington Belgrave even if they don't!

Yeah we have hard times ahead, but staying positive and being supportive is key. 12th man and all that! Being negative gets no one nowhere. I think Sturrock has done wonders to challenge for promotion 3 seasons running and get us to a Wembley final with what he's had at his disposal. But there will still be a witch hunt if we don't make the play offs, mainly aimed at PS!

UTB!!!!!

ANSEMP ,what i wrote was not a witch hunt my friend, it was born out of frustration at our poor home form,and the fact that people here wonder about players wages, also if a player believes he has the talent to play in a higher division ,he most certainly 95% of the time will want to try too.PS has health issues ,so just may retire or Rm may feel the club needs a fresh approach with a new manager.As i stated maybe its all a bad dream and i will wake up from it ,but its how i feel at this time.I also love and miss every match day not seeing my club play and like all supporters feel for them when the result isnt positive .

Back