• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Pier

Manager
Apologies if these should have been with the other threads.

1| Neil Harris is coy and quiet on the Rumours that he is heading back to Millwall in a coaching capacity.

2| Fleetwood have made a third Bid for Cresswell. Increasing the offer a second time. Now standing at £80,000.

Source: Todays Echo.

Take the 80K and run, release Harris to Millwall freeing up 2K a week to bring Bailey back ?

lose two take in one doesn't that leave us even shorter in options than we already are .

Nice try Harris, but sadly hasn't worked out. See ya!

Doubt if the £80k is up front, but the last one was £100k with possibly some ridiculous installments.

With our squad in tatters, unpaid etc etc I would be inclined to keep Harris for the relegation scrap looming, the minimum required will be big effort and commitment at least Harris is a supporter too and will always give his all.

If it is a crisis, and we are again up **** creek, who would you fancy to get the best out of a bad situation - Sturrock or Brown?

He's also a rarity. One of our own and deserves benefit of the doubt. Corr came back and yes Harris is older but I will take the Southend link and the experience thanks. At the same time if a coaching role comes along he'd be foolish not to go for it. A fit Harris, a rejuvenated Eastwood and BBBC. That'd do nicely.

If it is a crisis, and we are again up **** creek, who would you fancy to get the best out of a bad situation - Sturrock or Brown?

Hard to judge brown without actually seeing first hand how he copes, we know Sturrock can get bodies in quickly etc, very interesting couple of months coming up.

He's also a rarity. One of our own and deserves benefit of the doubt. Corr came back and yes Harris is older but I will take the Southend link and the experience thanks. At the same time if a coaching role comes along he'd be foolish not to go for it. A fit Harris, a rejuvenated Eastwood and BBBC. That'd do nicely.

I agree.
But sadly I think we need to borrow the Tardis to see it in reality.

Good shout on the front three IMO, take the doom and gloom away and a fit and firing freddy combined with a fit again Harris and big bad barry does look good on paper.

You can't purely base a decision about the future of a player because of the romanticism of that player being a local boy. His ability to deliver and having confidence in him to to do so would be the key criteria. Say if we were able to bring in a forward who netted many whilst letting go of Harris no one would be complaining. I agree whilst under Embargo and if the struggle for players continues possibly best he is kept on as chances are in this situation we won't be able to replace him. Benefit of the doubt? Hes had two years of not exactly setting the place alight so what makes you think he'll suddenly turn on the magic in his third season here?? As i Said recently he is not inspiring confidence in me as he seems uneasy going through his rituals no matter who local or a nice guy he is. On the other hand Freddy is re-igniting more hope as from what I've seen he is really looking the part again and looked in better ease and training style shape than Neil did.

You can't purely base a decision about the future of a player because of the romanticism of that player being a local boy. His ability to deliver and having confidence in him to to do so would be the key criteria. Say if we were able to bring in a forward who netted many whilst letting go of Harris no one would be complaining. I agree whilst under Embargo and if the struggle for players continues possibly best he is kept on as chances are in this situation we won't be able to replace him. Benefit of the doubt? Hes had two years of not exactly setting the place alight so what makes you think he'll suddenly turn on the magic in his third season here?? As i Said recently he is not inspiring confidence in me as he seems uneasy going through his rituals no matter who local or a nice guy he is. On the other hand Freddy is re-igniting more hope as from what I've seen he is really looking the part again and looked in better ease and training style shape than Neil did.

In addition I'm sure Neil and Fred are on handsome wages. So providing we could bring someone in, then of the two Neil would be the one to go for me in order to lighten the payroll load. As I pointed out I'm tipping Fred to maintain the edge he has on Neil.

Back