• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Harrison Neal

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
By all accounts after a thorough two game analysis he seems to be the reincarnation of King Kev, with his contract at Sheff Utd seemingly running out in the summer according to multiple unreliable sources[1][2] what do we think the chances are that he might be available on a perm come then?

I'd imagine slim as he seems highly rated at Sheff Utd, but more chance with Neal than Brunt if he'd stayed?

It's always nice cherry on top when a loanee impresses and there's potential to bring him in longer term.

[1] — https://salarysport.com/football/player/harrison-neal/
[2] — https://fminside.net/players/2-fm-22/29218383-harrison-neal

He’s the player we’ve needed for more seasons that I care to remember. Similar to Lenny and Maher. Good engine, tidy, moves the ball well and a good reader of the game. Also a good size and doesn’t shy away from a tackle. If we can get him and Dennis on a permanent deal it will be unbelievably good business and some of the best recruitment we’ve done for a long time.

He’s the player we’ve needed for more seasons that I care to remember. Similar to Lenny and Maher. Good engine, tidy, moves the ball well and a good reader of the game. Also a good size and doesn’t shy away from a tackle. If we can get him and Dennis on a permanent deal it will be unbelievably good business and some of the best recruitment we’ve done for a long time.
Errr, we are non league....no chance of either!

Proving to be exactly the type of player we need. Athletic, strong, tidy passer, organiser (like Kasper) and likes a tackle. Covered the defence well whenever any of the defenders overlapped when attacking.

We'd have had a better chance with Brunt TBH, players like Harrison are bloomers and will only get better with age in that position.

Sheffield UTD know exactly what they have here, and they would be silly to let him go anywhere. best to loan him out and up the level every 6 months to a year

I understand the wish to hang on to Harrison, but that is not the aim of the loan from the Blades. As others have said, he's here to learn and experience the rough and tumble of big boys football, and that will continue as he will, no doubt, be loaned out to a football league side next I would imagine. He was captain of their U23s and they won their league under his captaincy. Blades fans reckon he could well make the grade in their first team squad eventually. So, playing in the Championship or playing in the National League? Now that is a tough old choice.:Think:

Unfortunately correct. Can't see any of Dennie, Kasper or Neal dropping that far down. All three would fancy their chances next season in the Championship.
Would say they could potentially play League One, which in itself is a huge step up from where we are but not Championship, not a chance they are ready for that level.

That said all three are excellent loans and a real credit to them all they are prepared to work so hard and give everything for the club given they belong elsewhere. So many have come to Southend and cruised through a season.

We'd have had a better chance with Brunt TBH, players like Harrison are bloomers and will only get better with age in that position.

Sheffield UTD know exactly what they have here, and they would be silly to let him go anywhere. best to loan him out and up the level every 6 months to a year
You'd have thought they'd realise what they've got, but the fact he's 20, been sent on loan to the National League North and is out of contract in the summer hints that maybe there's a glimmer of hope that he's not too high up on their list.

I would have thought a highly rated 20 year old would be playing league football and be on a contract longer than 6 months, but I guess they're covered for a fee if they offer him a deal so maybe it's not much of a sign.

Realistically, I cannot see any way we would attract these three or Brunt permanently.

However, what they do show us and have done in the time they have been here and until the end of the season, is the types of players we need to be looking for and who Stan, John Still and the recruitment team need to be looking for Kev to sign on a permanent basis for a crack at getting back into the EFL next season.

Lets enjoy the time they are with us and let the Management team do what they can to bring them in permanently, if that is an option.
From what I see the new loan signings and way Dennis has been moved up field are a sign we are on the up.

Out of the three players, I would say that Dennis is most likely. I'm not sure he will develop enough to break into the yo yo club that is Norwich City.

Lapata and Neal both have the ability to get higher in the leagues and eventually get games at championship level.

Thats not to say Dennis won't have a promising career but I firmly feel that maybe league 2 or league 1 would be his limit.

I can see the other two playing championship or higher.

Out of the three players, I would say that Dennis is most likely. I'm not sure he will develop enough to break into the yo yo club that is Norwich City.

Lapata and Neal both have the ability to get higher in the leagues and eventually get games at championship level.

Thats not to say Dennis won't have a promising career but I firmly feel that maybe league 2 or league 1 would be his limit.

I can see the other two playing championship or higher.

At least we are just a yo club

Back