• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harrison Neal

Good player. The only 2 downsides are a) he seems to get booked every game, and b) he doesn't score as many goals as he probably should.

I see these as two of his best qualities. You need them to prevent double relegations and certainly if we want a promotion.

2 games into the season and we've beaten promotion favourites Stockport and Bradford. Our midfield is very solid with Foley (ex-Tranmere) and Harrison Neal.
Neal was subbed off part way through the 2nd half in the win at Stockport as you guessed it he'd been booked - but when you play like a 21 year old Roy Keane that's going to happen. Played all the game against Bradford and didn't look like getting booked. A couple more seasons and he'll be in the Sheff United 1st team no problem at all.

2 games into the season and we've beaten promotion favourites Stockport and Bradford. Our midfield is very solid with Foley (ex-Tranmere) and Harrison Neal.
Neal was subbed off part way through the 2nd half in the win at Stockport as you guessed it he'd been booked - but when you play like a 21 year old Roy Keane that's going to happen. Played all the game against Bradford and didn't look like getting booked. A couple more seasons and he'll be in the Sheff United 1st team no problem at all.

The signing of the summer for you guys was Pete Wild. Absolute masterstroke bringing him in. Worked wonders on a very trivial budget at Halifax.

Kes was set in Barnsley if i remember right?
Correct, Kes was shot on location around Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England, UK. The school scenes were filmed at Edward Sheerien School in Barnsley, which was closed in 2009.

1659898372958.png

With gratitude to Google for making me look even slightly knowledgeable.

One of my top films. I did meet Harrison’s dad in the Railway last season and yes he was classic Barnsley.

Good luck to him and his family, real good honest people.
Watched it yesterday to see where it came from ... devastated the bird was killed! Ruined my evening that ending!

The football sequence in Kes is one of my favourites. Games teacher plays for one team and is ref too! Needless to say he scores a goal and runs away like a demented teenager, celebrating. But is brought down to earth by Casper, his goalkeeper, swinging on the crossbar when he should have been saving the winning goal. Priceless!

The football sequence in Kes is one of my favourites. Games teacher plays for one team and is ref too! Needless to say he scores a goal and runs away like a demented teenager, celebrating. But is brought down to earth by Casper, his goalkeeper, swinging on the crossbar when he should have been saving the winning goal. Priceless!

Everyone’s favourite scene if you went to school way back last century. All of us had a few bullies as teachers but they excelled in the PE department.

came on for the last 30 mins of our Carabao cup match at Blackpool - took a yellow for the team in injury time to stop a Blackpool counter attack. Match ended 0-0 so went to pens. He missed our 5th pen (came back off the inside of the post) - but Blackpool skied their 5th so we won 4-3. Happy days.

Despite the penalty miss he has had a good start. I knew he could step up to the football league. Well done so far

Watched it yesterday to see where it came from ... devastated the bird was killed! Ruined my evening that ending!
Oops, probably best if you don't watch Ring of Bright Water then, about an otter bought as an exotic pet in Harrods? In the 60s and the owner then moves to a Scottish Croft to rehomed the otter.
Or get the tissues ready.

Back