• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Kane

amsemp

Director⭐
Another two goals today from Harry Kane against Arsenal. That's 22 goals in 35 appearances so far this season, with 12 in the Premier League.

The lad is class and I would be picking him over Welbeck, Berahino, Lambert and Rooney for the national team without a doubt, as a front two of Sturridge and Kane would be really exciting to see. I know it's his first full season but he just keeps getting better and shows no signs of slowing down.

I'd get him in the England team as soon as possible to get him bedded in. Kane is the future.

Can't understand how he hasn't been called up yet, got to be in the next squad. Lambert can't get game time for his club, Welbeck's scoring record doesn't even compare this season, Rooney is increasingly average in the majority of England games. Berahino and Austin must also be banging on the door, maybe even Defoe could be in the near future.

Can't understand how he hasn't been called up yet, got to be in the next squad. Lambert can't get game time for his club, Welbeck's scoring record doesn't even compare this season, Rooney is increasingly average in the majority of England games. Berahino and Austin must also be banging on the door, maybe even Defoe could be in the near future.

Maybe it's because the last time an England squad was announced, way back in November, Harry Kane hadn't even made a Premier League start?

As for Welbeck's scoring record, 5 in 4 for England this season, doesn't seem to shabby to me, whilst captain Rooney has scored in his last 3 England matches, including the winner in Estonia, where I seem to recall he was Man of the Match, and England's all important first goal against Slovenia.

Maybe it's because the last time an England squad was announced, way back in November, Harry Kane hadn't even made a Premier League start?

As for Welbeck's scoring record, 5 in 4 for England this season, doesn't seem to shabby to me, whilst captain Rooney has scored in his last 3 England matches, including the winner in Estonia, where I seem to recall he was Man of the Match, and England's all important first goal against Slovenia.

I did think that as I posted, but he deserves to be in the next squad and I wouldn't be massively shocked if he was left out. He's scored 8 goals in 10 games for England u21s, so you would think he'd be one of the first names Hodgson may have turned to with Lambert not playing, Sturridge out, etc. as was the case in November.

Welbeck has always done better for England than his clubs, 7 in 25 for Arsenal this season is far from setting the world alight. Rooney has done well in the last few games but looking at the long term, in the last few years he has had far from the impact that most would expect. By no means am I saying he should be dropped, but having him play a bit deeper or adding a bit of competition up front wouldn't be a bad thing.

He'll be in the next squad for the double-header. I think Welbeck & Rooney have done enough in recent games to be the first choice pairing for now but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kane get a start in the firendly against Italy.

It is a nice little problem we have now with Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Kane, Austin, Ings and Berahino along with Sterling & Walcott. With Lambert not getting much football at Liverpool I'd like to see Peter Crouch in consideration for the 'big bloke on the bench' role.

Shame England are so short in so many other positions.

Kane should and undoubtedly will be involved, but I'll be intrigued to see whether he can translate his club form into country form. He's not like the Rooney of 10 years ago who was devastatingly powerful and explosive, nor does he have the pace of Sterling. He's an unerringly phenomenal finisher, but I doubt the current England side has the midfielders capable of supplying him.

I think Kane will certainly get his chance in the next qualifiers as it looks like we'll have to deploy Rooney in midfield. Kane spearheading an attack ahead of Sterling and Sturridge, with a midfield trio of Rooney, Henderson and Milner should be alright to see us home.

That central midfield looks like a real work in progress though. The likes of Wilshere, Barkley and with any luck Ward-Prowse need to step up sharpish.

Personally I look at kane and think 'flash in the pan'. He's riding a run of form with a great midfield behind him. He's a million miles away from being ready to become the new #9 for England.

Personally I look at kane and think 'flash in the pan'. He's riding a run of form with a great midfield behind him. He's a million miles away from being ready to become the new #9 for England.

I really disagree with that. Non-stop goals and they are good goals against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, feel Spurs have unearthed a gem. Sturridge has never really done it in an England shirt yet and we have to wait to see his form now after his injury problems so right Kane now is my #9 for England, who's better?

Good midfielder in Eriksen the rest of Spurs midfield I wouldn't say is great... Ryan Mason is nicking a living right now

Last edited:
but some club at the end of season will no doubt be willing to add 50million to tottenhams transfer funds eh, won't be selling him tho for at least another season, be mad to:smile:

It's great to see that we finally have a batch of young English strikers scoring goals in the Premier League. Been a while since England have had so many forwards to choose from - not just Kane but also Berahino, Austin and Ings. Good to have that competition for places, you could even argue that Rooney could be left out of the next squad as he has done nothing for United lately.

Really like the look of Kane, on 5 Live over the weekend they were comparing him to Alan Shearer. He's so strong for such a young player and he seems to have the right attitude and character to go all the way. Just hope he's not another one who we're going to build up too much only for them to disappoint.

I know exactly what you mean but he's doing it on a regular basis now, playing well and scoring some great goals. Two against Arsenal, two against Chelsea, I'm not sure he can do much more.

I always assumed he'd be crap because he played for Leyton Orient.

Back