• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
Putting aside most peoples dislike of Leeds United, am I the only person who finds Kewell's transfer to Galatasary astonishing?

Thinking back to when Kewell was a Leeds player, he was part of the team that played Galatasary the day after two Leeds fans were murdered by scum. The scum that did this murdered two people, at least one of whom was a father, who were not involved in a skirmish in a street. The person who committed this crime was released after two years based on some poor excuse over evidence.

Considering what happened that night & the outcry & protests over UEFA's insistence that Leeds played the following day, I cannot believe Kewell would play for them. Also, considering that he was a part of the Leeds team who played there & was pelted with coins, bags of urine & other nice items, this just shows that a person who kissed the Leeds badge, should have wiped his @rse with it.

It just show what a money grabbing lowlife he is. Adam Barrett said he wouldn't go to Col Ewe ever, so why would Kewell stoop even lower. I'm stunned by this, as yo can probably tell!

I hope he hates every day in hell!

Couldn't care less about the Australian waster - owner of arguably the least deserved European Cup winner's medal in history.

Ozzie Kewell also had the chance to go to Roma, Portsmouth, Celtic and Spartak Moscow, but chose the Turks and 40 grand a week instead.

I bet the two Leeds supporters, Kevin Speight and Christopher Loftus who were murdered just before the Leeds game out there, are turning in their graves. How do you think thier families are felling at this news Kewell?

Kewell has shown no respect in this matter, and all Leeds fans, and fans in general will never forgive him for this serious bad judgement.

The bloke is an absolute C nut!!! On his day he is a quality player, just a very poor attitude.

The bloke is an absolute C nut!!! On his day he is a quality player, just a very poor attitude.

He was a quality player but i can't remember him having a good game since he left leeds.

With regards to him going to Galatasaray, its up to him to be honest. You can't tarnish the whole club because of a few feckin idiotic supporters. Although their fans are very passionate, i don't think there is as much trouble over there as what there used to be and i certainly wouldn't say they are worse than some Italian supporters.

Anyway, he'll be over there for a season or two, he will turn out to be sh!t and then he will movw to someone like West Ham and pick up a sh!t load more money.

I was equally surprised at the decision, and also that his missus has given it the go ahead. Not the most inspiring of places to be bringing up little uns.

Danny Webb going to Chelmsford is equally shocking given the rivalry we've had with them in the Essex Cup over the years. There is no loyalty in football these days, just pay cheques.

:headbang:

That is only surprising, because he has found a club period!! I am better than Danny Webb and I am truly awful!! :D

As much as i hate Leeds i can see there anger here.

I'm guessing he's getting paid a bit to go out there.

I have just got back from my holiday to find this. I feel betrayed, disappointed, angry and disgusted. My thoughts on the bloke were very low anyway after the way he fleeced us for 2 million before moving to Liverpool. This though is hard to forgive, he claims he respects us and still has a love for Leeds United, this is exposed as a lie because if he had any affection he would not have gone to them. As someone who walked out that night surrended by body guards whilst they refused to acknowledge what had happened, no black armbands, no silence NOTHING I can't put into words what this move says to me about modern football. Having met the families of those killed and this being something huge that will always be part of our history i am just gutted.

1091956.jpg

RIP Boys- We will never forget

Last edited:
Kewell is only interested in the money, which is fair enough, but his actions are as low as you can get. The fear & shock in the face of Kewell, as shown in toellandback's photo says it all.

I hope that Kewell never has to go through what the Loftus & Speight families went through. Kewell's word are just pure bullsh!t.

A greedy scumbag who I hope has nightmares about what he has done!

I think this is probably one of the worst moves I have known in football. How he even contemplated moving to them is beyond me. He is stupider than he looks if he thinks that this wasn't going to cause massive controversy among football fans everywhere. Leeds fans must feel like they've had two fingers stuck up to them.

I don't believe for one second that this move was to help get over what happened that night. What a load of sh*t. Whatever his motives were for making this move - no one will ever sympathise with him. Idiot.

I think this is probably one of the worst moves I have known in football. How he even contemplated moving to them is beyond me. He is stupider than he looks if he thinks that this wasn't going to cause massive controversy among football fans everywhere. Leeds fans must feel like they've had two fingers stuck up to them.

I don't believe for one second that this move was to help get over what happened that night. What a load of sh*t. Whatever his motives were for making this move - no one will ever sympathise with him. Idiot.

Words can't describe what emotions i and i suspect the majority feel at the minute. Without being melodramatic they were two blokes that were in the wrong place at the wrong time, it could be any of us. That isn't the fault of either club its the way it was dealt with in the aftermath. I will never forget and i still struggle to forgive, no person of any age, creed or colour should lose there life going to a football game

Not saying I agree with this or how it's made but it's an interesting point:

Get a life you sad leeds fans, yes its sad about what happenend to 2 of your fans. But the club didnt do it and kewell didn't either, and all this coming from the dirtiest and most violent fans in the country, leave the man and his family alone and concentrate on your own team and playing in league 1 again!!

In fact after re-reading, just look at the italicised bit!

and also that his missus has given it the go ahead. Not the most inspiring of places to be bringing up little uns.

Not so sure about that. I hear it's a beautiful city - certainly on my 'to visit' list. And I'm sure he'll be in a lovely villa on the outskirts, not in the slums...

Not saying I agree with this or how it's made but it's an interesting point:

In fact after re-reading, just look at the italicised bit!

The club didn't do it, i mentioned that earlier but there response was so disrespectful its un-real. The could have spoken out against what happened, they could have had a minutes silence or some tribute, for christs sake there team didn't even wear black armbands. Can you imagine that happening here? They chose as a club to ignore what had happened and brush it under the carpet.

The club didn't do it, i mentioned that earlier but there response was so disrespectful its un-real. The could have spoken out against what happened, they could have had a minutes silence or some tribute, for christs sake there team didn't even wear black armbands. Can you imagine that happening here? They chose as a club to ignore what had happened and brush it under the carpet.

Im not sure Leeds as a club are in the best position to take the moral high ground on such issues. I must have missed the reports of banning orders etc imposed by Leeds on their fans who sing about Munich.

Doesnt seem a great move football wise for Kewell, and I always have thought Turkish fans are scum,but irrespective of that, Kewell was not a Leeds fan and his actions when he joined Liverpool show that. Leeds was a (good) career opportunity for him, and he obviously views this move a good opportunity. If there were other offers, he has been a little insensitive in his choice, but Im sure he has chose to go there in spite of what happened 8 years ago, not because of it.

Back