• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't sound very tongue-in-cheek to me. Should we release the whole youth team then seeing as they haven't played for the first team yet?

You’re the only one talking about releasing people mate! Why would I release the youth team? They’re in the youth team doing exactly what hey should be doing which is playing in the youth team!!

Bare in mind the youth teams aren’t even among the best youth teams at Cat 3 which is the lowest level of pro football youth teams....

I understand this desire to get rid of everyone and bring new players in but if we are in League 2, will we a) be able to ship out the players still in contract or afford to pay them off and b) sign better players than we already have. I don’t think we will improve on Humphrys in League 2 as an example. We need new players yes but first Sol needs to improve some of the ones we have and get them playing.

I understand this desire to get rid of everyone and bring new players in but if we are in League 2, will we a) be able to ship out the players still in contract or afford to pay them off and b) sign better players than we already have. I don’t think we will improve on Humphrys in League 2 as an example. We need new players yes but first Sol needs to improve some of the ones we have and get them playing.

I think most people are alluding to the fact that we have a lot of players going out of contract in the summer, it won't be a complete clear out but we have (for the 1st time in a long time) the opportunity of an overhaul

Mad Cyril said:

"Who amongst us can honestly say they haven't embarrassed themselves or let people down whilst out drinking in SUFC branded leisure wear?"

You don't have to be drinking in SUFC branded leisurewear to be an embarrassment at the moment. lol.

Blimey....from all that you only saw fit to contest the distance Cox should’ve scored from with the best chance of the game...

I re watched because it’s a very interesting watch from TV compared to being there behind the goal.....it’s also very different watching it in the cold light of day as opposed to the emotion of being there witnessing us going out the FA cup.....but you know that.
Forgive me, but when the defence of bossing the game is 'would’ve been clear cut chances' and 'last ditch tackle' and 'crosses blocked' to name but three, I'm not sure that says we were dominant.
Possession is one thing, but making use of it is another.
As Sol said: 'we're scared to score'.
Something to test their keeper on occasion would have helped the argument.
Again, and I haven't re-watched, Cox's chance was about as close as it got apart from Hutchinson's pea-rollers, and this time there wasn't a Pompey keeper to drop the ball into his net.

Forgive me, but when the defence of bossing the game is 'would’ve been clear cut chances' and 'last ditch tackle' and 'crosses blocked' to name but three, I'm not sure that says we were dominant.
Possession is one thing, but making use of it is another.
As Sol said: 'we're scared to score'.
Something to test their keeper on occasion would have helped the argument.
Again, and I haven't re-watched, Cox's chance was about as close as it got apart from Hutchinson's pea-rollers, and this time there wasn't a Pompey keeper to drop the ball into his net.

I’m not sure I’ve said anything different to this to be honest ?‍♂️

This is just punishing the 23's. They're supposed to be up and coming with futures in front of them. Just gonna sink to this dosser's level now

One of our current young players doesn't go on there but someone has got hold of his mobile number and sends him vile abuse and threats......Something his family aren't to happy about.....Still its only the minority and he needs to learn its all part of playing for Southend.

They need to report this to the police.

I hope any prospective players that may sign for us in january dont read this thread. I'm sure they'd be impressed how we throw players under a bus for what , I'm still not sure what Lennon has done wrong.

I hope any prospective players that may sign for us in january dont read this thread. I'm sure they'd be impressed how we throw players under a bus for what , I'm still not sure what Lennon has done wrong.

Thankfully the man who matters most, Sol, doesn't share your opinion. If any player seriously doesn't sign because of this, I wouldn't want them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back