• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure it’ll be this thread or what’s happened to Harry Lennon that’ll put people off....it’ll be some of the other content from this or just about any post match thread that may make them think twice though....

...Bare in mind the youth teams aren’t even among the best youth teams at Cat 3 which is the lowest level of pro football youth teams....

Massively off-topic, but at the point of the last auditing process we were in the top five Category Three Academies in the country. And there is a Category Four level, where clubs only operate a Professional Development Phase (those teams would play alongside Blues in the EFL Youth Alliance structure).

I’m not sure it’ll be this thread or what’s happened to Harry Lennon that’ll put people off....it’ll be some of the other content from this or just about any post match thread that may make them think twice though....

What makes you think Southend United supporters are different to any other set of supporters in the country?

What will make players ‘think twice’ are the results over the last 12 months and the known ill discipline at the club.

I hope any prospective players that may sign for us in january dont read this thread. I'm sure they'd be impressed how we throw players under a bus for what , I'm still not sure what Lennon has done wrong.

I hope they do read it and see how much this club means and that they have to do their best, not **** around

I'm getting fed up with the suggestion that us fans are somehow to blame, both in some way for the form and now for scaring signings away with honest reports about how **** we've been.

Have you ever looked at other fans forums BTW, many are far worse! Look at Sunderland's for example whenever they lose. Or Bradford's when in our position last year. Football fans are football fans, there's good and bad as with any walk of life.

No footballer in his right mind is reading fans forums anyway!! Like you say all fans are the same and no player is going to be that interested in it.

If their wives girlfriends or families read it though......???

Massively off-topic, but at the point of the last auditing process we were in the top five Category Three Academies in the country. And there is a Category Four level, where clubs only operate a Professional Development Phase (those teams would play alongside Blues in the EFL Youth Alliance structure).

The criteria for the audit process is based very much on admin, facilities and paperwork. A large part will then be based on minutes of academy products gaining first team minutes....a stat which can be very misleading as it’s based on total minutes.....much of Southend’s will be based on minutes by Yearwood who's no longer here, Bishop as a GK and Hutchinson who joined as an u19.....

The audit process has nothing to do with results of the teams or league positions.

Cat 3 is the lowest level of academy football exclusively for pro clubs. You’re right there are Cat 4 but these clubs don’t have schoolboys academy players and in most cases only run 18s OR a 23s. The cat 4 clubs also include non league clubs that run academies as government funded education programmes.

Look I’m not knocking Southend’s academy system I’m saying those of you that keep saying play the youth team need to look a little closer.....yes we have had some very good and notable successes but that doesnt mean 6/7/8/9 of them could progress at the same time!!!

Look at where they are on loan.....in most cases the very best ones are getting out to non league clubs but the 18/19 year olds are only going to the level below where Goodship came from...and look at the opinions on him and he blew that level away for a long period....one or two of our older ones are going to clubs a little higher but that’s it.

There are still people questioning if Hutchinson is good enough and he came from Cat 1 academy and literally tore the 23s up last season and he’s found it tough and only recently made any real impression.....Hamilton comes from Man U and is 21 and found it hard....

Players in our 18s and 23s aren’t even winning every week or excelling week in week out at that level....let alone bouncing into a struggling side with no leaders and barely a sound influence among them!

The young man has made a poor move, poor mates and not very intelligent. A touch Chav. Grow up and think some more Harry or quit.

Maybe I genuinely disagree with much of what’s said.....I also make a point of “liking” anything that’s sensible well written or constructive......sometimes it’s even all three....

You suffer from Brexititus. This is an affliction that when you know something or have experience of something, someone who knows nothing will tell you you're wrong whilst providing no evidence to the contrary and everyone else agrees with them.

Welcome to expert free 2019 UK.

You’re the only one talking about releasing people mate! Why would I release the youth team? They’re in the youth team doing exactly what hey should be doing which is playing in the youth team!!

Bare in mind the youth teams aren’t even among the best youth teams at Cat 3 which is the lowest level of pro football youth teams....

Really don’t see your point. We have a decent youth system - the youth coaches have clearly been doing a far better job than the managers we’ve had since Brown. The likes of Kelman and Rush could well be important players for us next season in League Two but we’re talking about senior players here. Virtually none are good enough to play a part going forward. We are statistically the worst side in Football League history after 17 games and what’s worse is many of these players don’t seem to care less. We need a Sturrock-style rebuild to get rid of all the deadwood - which is 90% of the squad.

Really don’t see your point. We have a decent youth system - the youth coaches have clearly been doing a far better job than the managers we’ve had since Brown. The likes of Kelman and Rush could well be important players for us next season in League Two but we’re talking about senior players here. Virtually none are good enough to play a part going forward. We are statistically the worst side in Football League history after 17 games and what’s worse is many of these players don’t seem to care less. We need a Sturrock-style rebuild to get rid of all the deadwood - which is 90% of the squad.

You said you’d only keep Kelman Rush and possibly Elvis!!! You suggested I’d want to get rid of the youth players not me!

Elvis has been our best player. Between him and Hutchinson that have 5 MoMs from the last 6 matches. Both are u21 Hutchinson doesn’t turn 20 until April!

Bishop is no doubt a decent keeper albeit being exposed by a struggling team at the moment.

Kelman had been fantastic before his injury but Rush we’ve barely seen and what we have seen can only be inconclusive due to the minimal minutes and impact so far.

You still haven’t said if you went to Sunderland and / or Pompey in which case it’s possible you’ve not seen Rush play a first team game at all yet!!

Trust me if we drop into league two we may not even get a say in whether our squad will include Elvis Hutchinson Bishop and possibly Kelman.....someone is very likely to be cherry picking.....

Trust me if we drop into league two we may not even get a say in whether our squad will include Elvis Hutchinson Bishop and possibly Kelman.....someone is very likely to be cherry picking.....

Neither Elvis or Hutch would be here if Bond got his way. Along with Dru he told Ron to get what he could for them as none of them could play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back