• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lennon tried to play on with a broken leg v Walsall. He played on with a broken toe v Doncaster. How is that not commitment?

It seems Timlin's injuries are a badge of honour but Lennon's are a badge of weakness!

I agree he hasn't set the pitch alight with his performances but I don't see how castigating him for a lack of commitment is going to help.

ps Whilst I was a fan of his, Timlin wasn't universally loved. Much of the appreciation of him seems to have come after he left.

1. Said nothing of the sort.
2. Never accused him of lacking commitment, ability maybe but not commitment.

Our midfield has been dog **** since Timlin was surplus to requirements.

This is an issue though, that the more moderate find difficult to understand. This guy who is being subjected to some very OTT comments, broke bones for us, and tried to play on the 2nd time!

I'm pretty moderate, just answered a point about Timlin. You won't find any posts from me demanding Lennon hangs from the nearest lamppost.

Last edited:
I’m not sure it’ll be this thread or what’s happened to Harry Lennon that’ll put people off....it’ll be some of the other content from this or just about any post match thread that may make them think twice though....

Don’t worry.

They’ll probably put you on ignore.

You also raised it with Grapevine and Rigsby....same joke, must be your favourite....Christmas soon so you can stock up on the crackers eh

Not a joke.

You and Grapevine have the same distinctive, arrogant and pompous style of writing and the same disdain for anyone’s opinion but your own.

In your favour you abstain from the personal insults that did for Grapevine.

A different poster or learned your lesson?

Don’t like people standing up to you then.

What is this obsession with thinking you are standing up to people?

No ones standing up to anyone. People are having an opinion. I’m not sure why you think yours is so important that you convince yourself that I’m trying to tell you mine is ?‍♂️

You don’t have to listen to mine or answer to it. It’s really very simple.

What is this obsession with thinking you are standing up to people?

No ones standing up to anyone. People are having an opinion. I’m not sure why you think yours is so important that you convince yourself that I’m trying to tell you mine is ?‍♂️

You don’t have to listen to mine or answer to it. It’s really very simple.

There is no obsession.

Different opinions are healthy.

Arrogant, pompous lecturing is not.

Not a joke.

You and Grapevine have the same distinctive, arrogant and pompous style of writing and the same disdain for anyone’s opinion but your own.

In your favour you abstain from the personal insults that did for Grapevine.

A different poster or learned your lesson?

Oh I don't think Grapevine would’ve cared enough to learn his lesson. Do you?

But if you feel threatened by my opinion experience or knowledge and want to compare it to someone else’s you felt threatened by then that’s up to you. There’s more than one person on here that agrees with much of what either I or grapevine had to say.....just as there are more than just you that disagree with it. In fact from what I can see that’s the only similarity. I can live with that. It’s no problem to me.

Southend fans in general went down in my estimation Sunday and before anyone says that it was just one person or just a minority then I’m sorry but that’s the price that has to be paid in society.....not all Chelsea fans are racist but they been tagged just as all scousers have been in the past, all Millwall fans continue to be...etc etc etc

So dont ask me to tone down my opinions or posts. Just stop reading them if you like.

Easiest thing in the world is to criticise. Cheap and easy.

Most of the arguments made against any of my posts are when I’ve tried to be positive or objective about some of the crap we’ve all seen this season.

If I’ve said a player isn't as bad as we are all making out or if the performance was better than most thought....usually backed up with some information and usually written after I watched the game again....

Much easier just to coat people and dig out. Any fool can see what’s not working....much more difficult to see why or understand what did work or what it would’ve achieved had it worked. Takes more effort and more thought.

On the whole I like the fact I try and be objective and give people chances. I get that frustrations boil over and people get angry or upset but some people just want to shout the loudest and wallow in telling everyone how crap it is and how it used to be better in the old days.

Careful you might just miss seeing something that was better than one of your heroes from the glorious 90s

Easiest thing in the world is to criticise. Cheap and easy.

Most of the arguments made against any of my posts are when I’ve tried to be positive or objective about some of the crap we’ve all seen this season.

If I’ve said a player isn't as bad as we are all making out or if the performance was better than most thought....usually backed up with some information and usually written after I watched the game again....

Much easier just to coat people and dig out. Any fool can see what’s not working....much more difficult to see why or understand what did work or what it would’ve achieved had it worked. Takes more effort and more thought.

On the whole I like the fact I try and be objective and give people chances. I get that frustrations boil over and people get angry or upset but some people just want to shout the loudest and wallow in telling everyone how crap it is and how it used to be better in the old days.

Careful you might just miss seeing something that was better than one of your heroes from the glorious 90s

You talk a lot of sense, often, Tombstone. Unfortunately you spoil it somewhat with the way you speak to people. I think the one thing that would really help would be for you to remember that your posts speak for themselves and while many of the rest of us have less professional knowledge of football we all want to contribute. It doesn’t matter if posters are wrong, everyone likes to chip in to the conversation and nobody likes to be denigrated or condescended to. We all do that too, by no means is it just you (and it’s me too at times) but it would be really welcome if you did it a bit less please. I’d like/respect you a lot more and I bet others would too.

As I’ve said before I’m the first one to like posts that resonate with me whether I agree with them or not.

And if anyone wants to take the time, check out my posts...a very large percentage of them are in defence of performances whether it’s be individually or as a team and normally try and add some rationale to the discussion.

This it seems is what winds people up the most....especially at the moment when I understand tensions are high but this place is like a frenzied shark infested pool of negativity anger and criticism.....

Sorry but I won’t just join that and I will carry on trying to be objective and trying to understand what why and how regardless of outcome with a degree of common sense and rational thinking. I make no apologies for that.

I understand people are different and have different opinions but I’m ****ed if I’ll sit quietly while people just throw abuse at players managers or teams just because they can’t clarify their own thoughts into something intelligible.

As I’ve said before I’m the first one to like posts that resonate with me whether I agree with them or not.

And if anyone wants to take the time, check out my posts...a very large percentage of them are in defence of performances whether it’s be individually or as a team and normally try and add some rationale to the discussion.

This it seems is what winds people up the most....especially at the moment when I understand tensions are high but this place is like a frenzied shark infested pool of negativity anger and criticism.....

Sorry but I won’t just join that and I will carry on trying to be objective and trying to understand what why and how regardless of outcome with a degree of common sense and rational thinking. I make no apologies for that.

I understand people are different and have different opinions but I’m ****ed if I’ll sit quietly while people just throw abuse at players managers or teams just because they can’t clarify their own thoughts into something intelligible.
You are Grapevine. Like him you always have to have the last word. Also you gave yourself away when you talked about "Southend fans" as if you weren't one of them. This was an admission made by Grapevine before his grand exit.
How long before you tell us you are packing in Shrimperzone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back