• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll counter your negatively with the below
I would hate to play for a team that gets beat 7-1 at home and receives a standing ovation from the crowd

I’ll counter that by saying “who was left in the crowd at the final whistle”

Although I commend those that did stay and applaud and they were a credit to the club....I also think the 9 players left on the field earned that a little that night with fantastic work rate

You can’t do that on this forum.....I compared how DeBruyne improved his decision making between playing for Chelsea and joining Man City by aging and maturing and was accused of comparing Hutchinson to DeBruyne ??

Well if the comparisons have started it's only a mater of time before someone invokes Godwin's Law and we'll have to close the thread...

the worst thing here is we are in so much trouble on the pitch and the team and management should be 100% focused in n getting us out of this mess.
This appears to be a distraction Sol could do without. If he can somehow make a positive out of it then Brillant, but I am struggling to see how it will happen.

If Sol's a good man manger he'd have called Lennon in and said "Harry you've gone and got yourself in a pickle with the fans. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. I've been there with Spurs fans when I moved to Arsenal. It'll blow over. What we're going to do is take you out of the immediate line of fire v Wimbledon in the Mickey Mouse cup - I was going to play young Richard Taylor then anyway - and say you're training with the u23s. You're then going to bust a gut in training for me and work as hard as you've ever worked. I'll then reinstate you and say that your attitude is right and we need players like you with your height, your pace and your commitment to training and the fans will listen to me because I played 70 odd times for England in that position, so chin up and we'll get through this together. A few wins changes everything. That sound like a plan to you? Right, go and prove me right in training, Tony's waiting for you."

Lennon who was expecting a bollocking then thinks Sol has his back and doesn't want to let him down and then trains harder so as to not disappoint him (or alternatively if he doesn't is never seen again).

The players see that training hard pays off and that Sol has their back and increase their efforts. Those that don't see that they will follow Ridgewell out the door and start worrying who in the football league will employ them if they aren't going to be wanted in L2 by a club relegated from L1 with a record low points tally.

If Sol's a good man manger he'd have called Lennon in and said "Harry you've gone and got yourself in a pickle with the fans. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. I've been there with Spurs fans when I moved to Arsenal. It'll blow over. What we're going to do is take you out of the immediate line of fire v Wimbledon in the Mickey Mouse cup - I was going to play young Richard Taylor then anyway - and say you're training with the u23s. You're then going to bust a gut in training for me and work as hard as you've ever worked. I'll then reinstate you and say that your attitude is right and we need players like you with your height, your pace and your commitment to training and the fans will listen to me because I played 70 odd times for England in that position, so chin up and we'll get through this together. A few wins changes everything. That sound like a plan to you? Right, go and prove me right in training, Tony's waiting for you."

Lennon who was expecting a bollocking then thinks Sol has his back and doesn't want to let him down and then trains harder so as to not disappoint him (or alternatively if he doesn't is never seen again).

The players see that training hard pays off and that Sol has their back and increase their efforts. Those that don't see that they will follow Ridgewell out the door and start worrying who in the football league will employ them if they aren't going to be wanted in L2 by a club relegated from L1 with a record low points tally.
Sort of...
He's already been relegated to the U23s, so unless he's as thick as he was on Sunday, Lennon knows he's already been bollocked - if only by action.
One has to ask what's the message to the rest? They screw up, and get a paternal arm around the shoulder? Tricky, eh?
We'll see if a few wins changes everything and it blows over.
Managers and players tend to be remembered forever based on what they did - or didn't do.
Heard a bad word about Stan, Freddy or Dan Bentley since they left?
Heard a good word about Barry Fry's departure, Dick Bate or Steve Wignall. Of the managers, the most recent was 17 years ago!
Lennon needs a lot of amnesiacs to forget what he did.

I’ll counter that by saying “who was left in the crowd at the final whistle”

Although I commend those that did stay and applaud and they were a credit to the club....I also think the 9 players left on the field earned that a little that night with fantastic work rate
What are you talking about. At least 70% of the crowd was still there and most applauded. Stop trying to find fault with out support in every single thing. We have idiots like all teams and it’s right to pick out the idiots like you have done but at the same time give credit where it’s due to the majority of us.

What are you talking about. At least 70% of the crowd was still there and most applauded. Stop trying to find fault with out support in every single thing. We have idiots like all teams and it’s right to pick out the idiots like you have done but at the same time give credit where it’s due to the majority of us.

What the **** are you on about?

I was there! I stayed and I clapped.

70% of the crowd is ambitious at best and not all of that 70% were standing clapping. Stop being so ****ing pedantic.

First of all your first post didn’t make sense - like you’d want to play for a team that lost 7-1 just because “most” of the 70% of the half empty stadium stayed to clap to you off? Jesus!!

I actually thought you were being light hearted and responded in the same manner.

Don’t question me and the credit I choose to give Southend fans! I’ve been at most games and I’ve stayed til the end to clap at every single one of them! Including Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Southend won 3-1 without Lennon, maybe he WAS the bad Apple at the club?!

To gift Dover a goal and go out drinking with Dover players who was celebrating a win, gift wrapped by Lennon slip. I hope he will NEVER play for our first team again!! By the way, R. Taylor was an upgrade over Lennon tonight!

Southend won 3-1 without Lennon, maybe he WAS the bad Apple at the club?!

To gift Dover a goal and go out drinking with Dover players who was celebrating a win, gift wrapped by Lennon slip. I hope he will NEVER play for our first team again!! By the way, R. Taylor was an upgrade over Lennon tonight!

Oh come on.....

What the **** are you on about?

I was there! I stayed and I clapped you fool.

70% of the crowd is ambitious at best and not all of that 70% were standing clapping. Stop being so ****ing pedantic.

First of all your first post didn’t make sense - like you’d want to play for a team that lost 7-1 just because “most” of the 70% of the half empty stadium stayed to clap to you off? Jesus!!

I actually thought you were being light hearted and responded in the same manner.

Don’t question me and the credit I choose to give Southend fans! I’ve been at most games and I’ve stayed til the end to clap at every single one of them! Including Sunday.
So you can question others, but no one has the right to disagree with you- cheers I get it
Ps- at no point did I question what you do at games

My point was that you had highlighted an example of our support being bad and why would a player want to play for that type of support, I countered than with an example of where we were good. I thought that was clear

O well others have suggested you show some humility in your posts, I can see they were wasting their time. My sincere apologies for being a fool and daring to disagree with you.

So you can question others, but no one has the right to disagree with you- cheers I get it

My point was that you had highlighted an example of our support being bad and why would a player want to play for that type of support, I countered than with an example of where we were good. I thought that was clear

O well others have suggested you show some humility in your posts, I can see they were wasting their time. My sincere apologies for being a fool and daring to disagree with you.

You haven’t disagreed for god sake!! You’ve said nothing I haven’t already you’ve fabricated a scenario that is make believe to suit an agenda......of which has no relevance whatsoever!!

I think I'll just post this extract from the Zone rules at this point. Respect for fellow posters is something we expect from all posters as a given.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

My point in respect of this was I know damn well how good the majority of fans have been....I stand / sit with them almost every f ing week!!! I’ve said this several times today...

I also said just as Chelsea fans will always be related to racism and Millwall fans always related to violence.....the minority will always taint the majority and that’s how people will be seen.

Perception is a very powerful tool.

I’ve done well today....people don’t like what I post so I’ve been called Hutchinson’s dad, Lennon’s brother and Grapevines twin.....

Amazing

Some of us like what you post. I don't always agree but I appreciate where your points come from and the information behind them.

And if you could just let your son know that not all fans are as disrespectful as the ones that abused him and his family on Sunday, get your brother to work hard and get back in to the team on merit and maybe bring your twin back to the forum that would be great, thank you.

Some of us like what you post. I don't always agree but I appreciate where your points come from and the information behind them.

And if you could just let your son know that not all fans are as disrespectful as the ones that abused him and his family on Sunday, get your brother to work hard and get back in to the team on merit and maybe bring your twin back to the forum that would be great, thank you.

????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back