• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly know something and are dying to tell all... what exactly did Isaac tell you?

I’m not sure what you’re inferring but you’re way off radar. I speak to a lot of agents and know a lot of people in football. My point is too many people have been judge and jury based on no knowledge.

Like has been said. It’s been dealt with.

By what?
Sorry, and all that.
But that short video clearly showed a player celebrating his club's defeat. Whether as a joke or a thoughtless moment is another thing.
But hearsay???
I don't think so...

The point is it didn’t show him celebrating a defeat.
It didn’t show him drinking.
It didn’t show him out all night.

It showed a player in a pub on a Sunday after a game. That is all.

well everything should be good then ....

we don't want anyone done wrong -

whats the problem ??

well everything should be good then ....

we don't want anyone done wrong -

whats the problem ??

Please don't feed him more attention, I keep following this thread in case there IS something NEW and INTERESTING but this thread is going the way (boring, "I know but i wont say") other threads have gone.
Putting posters on ignore is okay but not when they get quoted.

In Conclusion- never go down the pub with the opposition and celebrate their victory in your team track suit. You’ll be in the 23’s, most of the fans will hate you (except about 3) and Sol will stop caring about you and let Ron deal with your exit from the club.

Lennon is an idiot and should have known better, however we’re in a dire situation and we need all the help we can get if there remains even the smallest chance we can pull ourselves out of this mess and survive. Because of that I wouldn’t support a decision by the club hierarchy to banish Lennon from the squad permanently because of this misdemeanour - what I WOULD support is leaving Lennon out for the simple reason that he is one of the WORST defenders I’ve seen in my 32 years as a Shrimper. Christ, this guy makes “Dangerous Dave” Morley look like Franco Baresi.... ??

Lennon is an idiot and should have known better, however we’re in a dire situation and we need all the help we can get if there remains even the smallest chance we can pull ourselves out of this mess and survive. Because of that I wouldn’t support a decision by the club hierarchy to banish Lennon from the squad permanently because of this misdemeanour - what I WOULD support is leaving Lennon out for the simple reason that he is one of the WORST defenders I’ve seen in my 32 years as a Shrimper. Christ, this guy makes “Dangerous Dave” Morley look like Franco Baresi.... ??

You've kind of contradicted your point there. You said he is the 'worst defender' you've seen but we need all the help we can get.

Why would you want help from the 'worst defender' you've seen? What help could he possibly offer? ?

In a normal work place he would be on a written warning and then have an action plan; I expect something similar and simple has been put in place based around attendance, motivation, fitness, professional conduct, fairly measurable and sanctioned within PFA guidelines, maybe alcohol ban too.

Good points, Massimo. On reflection, I think that the Lennon album I should have cited was 'Walls and Bridges' rather than 'Mind Games'. At the moment, the walls are very much to the fore. It appears that as far as the club's hierarchy are concerned, he is now on the way to becoming 'Nowhere Man'.

27 pages but only one thing matters.

Sol now sets the professional standards for the players. They are clearly higher than previously. Those standards have not been met in this case and therefore he has acted and promptly. Good.

We can think those standards are too high or (unlikely) too low but its totally irrelevant. Players will sign up with the programme or go.

All this is fine with me- our situation demands more, not less, professionalism (in my opinion) so I have no problem with any of this at all.

I read it to mean Ron has made that decision and due to our injury crisis at CB......Sol is not 100% behind the decision.

Sol is a very strong character with firm views- if he wanted HL available and it treated differently it would have been I am sure. I took it that Sol made the decision that action was needed, and has left Ron to handle the niceties (I suspect Sol would rather spend the time on the training ground than in disciplinary meetings)

I would hope that our predicament will mean that Harry is re-integrated for an away match soon and then we move on from there.

This is done and dusted and castigating the lad further is just counter productive. Yes, he did wrong (in wearing the tracksuit while out with these friends - and are these people actually the friends he thought?) but he's been disciplined. For whatever reason, it's been decided for him not to make a public apology, but enough is enough. Put it behind and move on.

I would hope that our predicament will mean that Harry is re-integrated for an away match soon and then we move on from there.

This is done and dusted and castigating the lad further is just counter productive. Yes, he did wrong (in wearing the tracksuit while out with these friends - and are these people actually the friends he thought?) but he's been disciplined. For whatever reason, it's been decided for him not to make a public apology, but enough is enough. Put it behind and move on.

I think on the apology front I have no issue. As you say its been dealt with by the Club internally, and I think there is trust that with Sol that means also firmly but fairly. Statements just have holes picked in them, prompt even further debate and almost invite a public involvement that is unnecessary/add no value.

No it didn't. If you're going to be disingenuous then fine - but context is everything.
I agree the subject has been hammered to death, but ignoring what was presumably on a mate's camera phone is laughable.

Really? He's not even the worst defender in this squad.

Yep. Lennon definitely one of the most below average defenders I've seen at the club. We shouldn't have to put up with dross like Jim with our budget. Makes me wonder if he was out celebrating a little flutter on Dover?
We go down and we start signing proper footballers and get rid of the embarrassments like Lennon.

I find it amazing how one unlucky slip in a game followed by an even more ill considered stop off for a drink caught on video has demonised this guy for ever on here. He has had ok games for us and he's made some mistakes in games but no more than the other defenders. The Club have taken what they consider appropriate action and that should be the end of it. To suggest that he may have had a bet on the outcome is probably the most outrageous thing that I have seen on here so far.

Lennon is not the best CB we have ever had, but neither is he the worst. I used to think that ShrimperZone posters were pretty reasonable folk that by and large offered balanced opinions. Sadly my opinion on that is changing for the worst.

I find it amazing how one unlucky slip in a game followed by an even more ill considered stop off for a drink caught on video has demonised this guy for ever on here. He has had ok games for us and he's made some mistakes in games but no more than the other defenders. The Club have taken what they consider appropriate action and that should be the end of it. To suggest that he may have had a bet on the outcome is probably the most outrageous thing that I have seen on here so far.

Lennon is not the best CB we have ever had, but neither is he the worst. I used to think that ShrimperZone posters were pretty reasonable folk that by and large offered balanced opinions. Sadly my opinion on that is changing for the worst.
This. Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back