• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've kind of contradicted your point there. You said he is the 'worst defender' you've seen but we need all the help we can get.

Why would you want help from the 'worst defender' you've seen? What help could he possibly offer? ?

You've misunderstood my post mate - I don't want Lennon anywhere near the starting X1. What I'm saying is if Lennon was in any way competent and deserving of a first-team place then I'd want this matter dealt with quickly so we could once again call upon his services because we need all the help we can get. The fact is his "misdemeanour" at Dover has actually done us a huge favour because this guy is an accident waiting to happen....

Really? He's not even the worst defender in this squad.

Don't even get me started on Shaughnessy....

It shows how far we've sunk when arguably your best defender at this moment is a CM. :Whistling: #Dieng

Only one of the back-line I'd be keeping next season if I was Sol would be Elvis and that says an awful lot given we'll be in League Two.

Last edited:
You've misunderstood my post mate - I don't want Lennon anywhere near the starting X1. What I'm saying is if Lennon was in any way competent and deserving of a first-team place then I'd want this matter dealt with quickly so we could once again call upon his services because we need all the help we can get. The fact is his "misdemeanour" at Dover has actually done us a huge favour because this guy is an accident waiting to happen....

Fair play mate. I did think it seemed odd! ?

I agree regarding doing us a favour. Dover incident aside, he has been terrible. But we've played him as it was deemed there was no one else to play. There is an excuse to not play him now. Instead a youth player starts and will do a better job. That doesn't take much though!

In fairness, the Charlton fans did all say that he wasn't a good signing for us. I know fans use that as a standard retort, but they have turned out to be correct!

It shows how far we've sunk when arguably your best defender at this moment is a CM. :Whistling: #Dieng

Only one of the back-line I'd be keeping next season if I was Sol would be Elvis and that says an awful lot given we'll be in League Two.

...and John White of course.....

Please can we keep this thread on topic … it's Lennon puns we're after, not these 'modern' bands. I do wonder how Harry's going to feel tomorrow as he sits in the stand watching the wheels go by.

Although it is overlooked that until he came to the UK he had played quite a lot at CB in France. So started as a CB before being converted to at CM and hence whilst he is getting used to playing there again and the system its no surprise. Good in the air, quick, calm on the ball and can pass- and with one of the best English CBs we have had as a coach- this is looking a promising development for the longer term not a stop gap..

Please can we keep this thread on topic … it's Lennon puns we're after, not these 'modern' bands. I do wonder how Harry's going to feel tomorrow as he sits in the stand watching the wheels go by.
Can’t you just let it be?? Imagine how you’d feel if you were him. We all need to Come Together now and fight relegation.

I doubt he will be in the stands, he would likely be poorly recieved if seen.
Is there an U23, U21 game he will be playing? Which I hope he enjoys and gets some form and confidence back with game time.

Do you, why not just try to Imagine?

I doubt this thread would have reached 27 pages if we were in the top half of the league.
This is the point for me though. We aren’t in the top half and one of the reasons is that some of the players don’t give two hoots about being in the top half of the table.

Everyone makes bad mistakes in life, they learn on move on, if not it’s a downhill journey aka Ranger. As I previously said welcomed as a hero by many fans after his jail sentence for defrauding old people ( obviously not their nan ) Yes Lennons a *anker but move on as Leigh Seasiders suggests.

Maybe just maybe because of the lack of discipline within the squad ,Sol needed to set an example to all the players and what Lennon did was an opportunity for Sol to show every player and person within the club that he wont put up with fools or laziness, that they either buckle up and do things his way or look for the exit door.

Maybe just maybe because of the lack of discipline within the squad ,Sol needed to set an example to all the players and what Lennon did was an opportunity for Sol to show every player and person within the club that he wont put up with fools or laziness, that they either buckle up and do things his way or look for the exit door.
Make you % 100 correct . Time has run out for some of players making excuses

I’m not sure what you’re inferring but you’re way off radar. I speak to a lot of agents and know a lot of people in football. My point is too many people have been judge and jury based on no knowledge.

Like has been said. It’s been dealt with.

Ah!

So you’re mates with Lennon’s agent.

Nice one.

I doubt he will be in the stands, he would likely be poorly recieved if seen.
Is there an U23, U21 game he will be playing? Which I hope he enjoys and gets some form and confidence back with game time.
If so, that says an awful lot more about our supporters than it does about him.

I hope he is there, then I can give him a hug and tell him Things Will Only Get Better, but maybe he needs to learn that Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word.

Absolutely not.

Are you suggesting that Lennon or Shaughnessy or Ridgewell are better central defenders?
Too right I am.All 3 are central defenders,though sadly no longer in Ridgewell’s case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back