• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please people don't "feed" Tombstone, he makes a point and then repeats it a dozen times until the interesting posts stop and he has killed it.
PLEASE.

Please people don't "feed" Tombstone, he makes a point and then repeats it a dozen times until the interesting posts stop and he has killed it.
PLEASE.

Although Tombstones point is completely valid and enough people don't seem to be accepting that.

All you see is Lennon in his tracksuit smiling at someone's camera phone.
You can't see a drink in his hand and you never see him singing.

For all we know he walked in to see a mate and say hello, got caught by the camera and then he went home straight after. A 5 minute episode dragged out for no real reason other than people think he's a rubbish footballer.

If there’s anything I’ve said unreasonable or completely untrue just say mate.
You have said the same thing, repeatedly.
You made your point clearly and then have repeated it.
You put an opinion and then re posted it again a short time late.
My issue is not the post BUT the repetitions. Okay?

Sol and RM have seen the footage and they have made their decisions as they think fit, let's leave it there.

You have said the same thing, repeatedly.
You made your point clearly and then have repeated it.
You put an opinion and then re posted it again a short time late.
My issue is not the post BUT the repetitions. Okay?

Isn't that just the entire thread? People keep repeating what he’s done wrong and I keep repeating that none of us know what he has actually done?

It hasn’t been a discussion it’s been and trial and hanging by hearsay and rumour. Okay?

We all saw what he did, so everyone does know

You “saw” him appear to be smiling for a three second clip from a camera phone while in a pub. It’s mental what people can read into that. You literally “know” nothing more than that.

As I said, if sol rated him or if the fans did this wouldn’t have made it last the Monday.

We’ve all seen him play so all entitled to make any judgement they see fit on him as a player.....that is all

Although Tombstones point is completely valid and enough people don't seem to be accepting that.

All you see is Lennon in his tracksuit smiling at someone's camera phone.
You can't see a drink in his hand and you never see him singing.

For all we know he walked in to see a mate and say hello, got caught by the camera and then he went home straight after. A 5 minute episode dragged out for no real reason other than people think he's a rubbish footballer.

Yeah and I have a unicorn in my shed

You “saw” him appear to be smiling for a three second clip from a camera phone while in a pub. It’s mental what people can read into that. You literally “know” nothing more than that.

As I said, if sol rated him or if the fans did this wouldn’t have made it last the Monday.

We’ve all seen him play so all entitled to make any judgement they see fit on him as a player.....that is all

Of that's literally all it was, he wouldn't have been disciplined and dumped in the U23's

Ultimately does it really matter how long he was there for and whether he had a drink or not, we are never going to find out so what’s the point in going over it again and again. We have far, far greater problems at the club than someone going to the pub nearly a month ago. Get over it.

Yes, but the issue at play here for some people is that having lost the contract, he was seen out with the people that had won it.
Absolutely correct, and additionally he was a part factor in helping the other people win the contract. He shouldn't have been within a million miles of them that night.
Seems that some people have lost their moral compass on here.

Unless.....like I have said several times....he isnt rated and it’s a great example to make....no one ever makes an example of someone of value.....

I missed that, have you said several times he isn't rated? By you? What don't you rate?
Is it a great example? the pub? the video clip? being put in U23s?
I think Cantona was a value who was made an example? And more & better abound so what is your point?

Heard he has had a meeting with the club and he has had a member of the pfa in attendance to represent him over the way he has been treated for doing nothing wrong. Stupid but actually wrong, no..

Heard he has had a meeting with the club and he has had a member of the pfa in attendance to represent him over the way he has been treated for doing nothing wrong. Stupid but actually wrong, no..

Unless of course going drinking with the opposition who've just beaten you whilst wearing your club attire is seen as being against the club's code of conduct.

Then he has done something wrong.

I missed that, have you said several times he isn't rated? By you? What don't you rate?
Is it a great example? the pub? the video clip? being put in U23s?
I think Cantona was a value who was made an example? And more & better abound so what is your point?

I’m not sure if anything you’ve just written makes sense....

I’ve stated several times that it’s possible, if he isn’t rated by the manager, then that would be why he was happy to make an example of him. This means, the manager, has looked at a squad that is low on discipline and low on self motivation and thought I need to show them I’m not to be messed with....

If that’s the case then HL was a godsend particularly if losing him didn’t hurt Sol....

Personally I rate him. I don’t think he’s played to his potential but then neither has Cox, Macca, Oxley, Humphrys, Demetriou etc etc etc but I don’t see the lynch mob out there waiting for them?

My point is we’ve all watched the games and so we’ve all seen all the evidence there is, to form our own opinion on his footballing qualities....it’s subjective. It’s fair game.

Our opinions on what he’s done are based on perception, hearsay and guesswork....that’s not fair.

I have not said HL has set a great example. I said he’s been made an example of. Much easier to do when it’s someone you don’t want anyway.....

Cantona was made an example of the authorities. Man U, it’s manager and it’s players and most definitely it’s supporters stuck by him rigidly and without exception.....and there really was little doubt about what he’d done.

If you’re still not sure of my point it’s this....if you don’t know the exact facts of what has and hasn’t happened then it’s unfair to judge and punish simply based on what you’ve heard while you were in the pub....or on whether you think he’s a good footballer or not.

That’s not too much to ask is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back